[SOLVED] HELP. laptop lags in non demandin game after 15 minutes of playing.

May 29, 2020
So i bought this laptop at the beginning of the year. I was pretty satisfied in the beginning as i was able to play lol at 120 fps and most non-online games were outputting 60 fps or better on very high/ultra. That began to slowly change as the performance got worse and worse. I began by underclocking the cpu and that helped a while. then I opened it to apply new thermal paste, Flash forward to now. The laptop is always on an external cooler. is undervolted, repasted and temps are good. But i cant play games. Even league of legends when i start a game it gets me 120 fps, then its slowly gets worse. By the end of the 40 min game im getting 90 fps. If i restart the laptop the frames come back to 120 but then i get lag spikes with 90 fps again, temps are under 70C for both cpu and gpu during gaming.I obviously cant go with a warranty repair because i voided the warranty when i opened it to repaste The thing is that lowering the settings in games does absolutely nothing... so idk. what do you guys think? The weirs thing is that at start it plays well, after about 20 minutes i beggin having these problems. if i restart they go away for a couple of minutes then it starts again.

[UserBenchmarks: Game 67%, Desk 101%, Work 66%](https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28641819)

Solution
The best thing to do in this cases is to do a backup, fresh OS install, and check if the same thing happens, as this tells you if you are dealing with a problem on a hardware/cooling level.
May 29, 2020
The best thing to do in this cases is to do a backup, fresh OS install, and check if the same thing happens, as this tells you if you are dealing with a problem on a hardware/cooling level.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS