[SOLVED] Help! Laptop stuck on boot (with brand logo loading, not sure of the term)

Jun 13, 2020
After I clicked continue on LoL defeat screen, it stuck on that state but alt f4 worked. Then I noticed that programs wont open and can't load webpages. Because of that i signed out from my pc account to restart the programs. Then it stuck on black screen. I forced shutdown by long pressing the power button. Now, it won't load after the logo loading screen.

For some reason I managed to get the the advanced boot and system restored but it didn't work.

Sometimes, it'll load after the boot but can't pass through lock screen. When I clicked sign in it goes back to lock screen.

Things I did before:
1. Installed Msi afterburner and tweaked the core clock and memory clock a litte bit, (around +50) and set the open in startup

Ran DWS(Destroy windows 10 spying)

2. Reinstalled Nvidia driver

I noticed a configuring windows update loading on the boot screen along with the system scan lines on the first time stuck.

Laptop is Asus Vivobook s15

sorry english is my second language

Update:
1. I tried reinstalling Windows 10 via USB but, screen goes blank after Windows 10 loading.

2. It does not now pass through boot screen

3. Goes blank screen when accessing advanced boot options

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 8250U/BGA
HDD: 2TB54R
ODD: WO ODD
RAM: DDR4 8G
ACCESSORY: 3CELL 42 WH
MODEL#: S54OU (S53OUN-BQ234T

Last edited:
Solution
Hard to tell without more testing but I would say the issues is with your HDD - given that you've tried reinstalling Windows and it still isn't booting in. Reinstalling Windows rules out software issues (assuming you've installed it correctly - it's pretty straightforward so I don't imagine this is an issue).

Is there a spare HDD or SSD you can install into your laptop and install Windows onto?

(I forgot to mention my GPU is Nvidia MX150 and Intel UHD)

Yes, I can swap HDD from my old netbook but This laptop is still under warranty, just bought this last week. Will just gonna return this to the store.

I tested the bootable USB on my old netbook and it loaded Windows 10 installer so I guess there's nothing wrong with it. I...

Lutfij

Titan
You posted a thread in the laptop section but you forgot to mention the make and model of the laptop. I'd ask you to include an SKU as well. Is your storage on the laptop an HDD or an SSD or both? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

Jun 13, 2020
You posted a thread in the laptop section but you forgot to mention the make and model of the laptop. I'd ask you to include an SKU as well. Is your storage on the laptop an HDD or an SSD or both? Which version of Windows 10 are you working with?

oops, here:

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 8250U/BGA
GPU: Nvidia Geforce MX150 and Intel UHD
HDD: 2TB 54R (Just HDD)
ODD: WO ODD
RAM: DDR4 8G
ACCESSORY: 3CELL 42 WH
MODEL#: S54OU (S53OUN-BQ234T)(Is SKU this Model No.?)

Last edited:
May 19, 2020
Hard to tell without more testing but I would say the issues is with your HDD - given that you've tried reinstalling Windows and it still isn't booting in. Reinstalling Windows rules out software issues (assuming you've installed it correctly - it's pretty straightforward so I don't imagine this is an issue).

Is there a spare HDD or SSD you can install into your laptop and install Windows onto?

Jun 13, 2020

Yes, I can swap HDD from my old netbook but This laptop is still under warranty, just bought this last week. Will just gonna return this to the store.

I tested the bootable USB on my old netbook and it loaded Windows 10 installer so I guess there's nothing wrong with it. I guess the HDD has a defect. Just after this laptop had been just bought, It froze during the configuring windows update so I had to force restart. Also after some days the sart menu doesn't open so I had to restart

Just some clarification. Isn't this a GPU or Processor issue because I tried to adjust the memory and core clock a little bit(around +50)?

Solution
May 19, 2020

I tested the bootable USB on my old netbook and it loaded Windows 10 installer so I guess there's nothing wrong with it. I guess the HDD has a defect. Just after this laptop had been just bought, It froze during the configuring windows update so I had to force restart. Also after some days the sart menu doesn't open so I had to restart

Just some clarification. Isn't this a GPU or Processor issue because I tried to adjust the memory and core clock a little bit(around +50)?

If it's only a week old then that might be the best - I thought it was an older device that was out of warranty.

May 19, 2020
Right, thanks for the info tho. Guess that's the only way but I will still try to look for other solutions without unscrewing my laptop.

There are some tools like Hiren's Boot CD (https://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd) or https://www.ultimatebootcd.com that can be used to test computer hardware. (I have never used these personally but there are a number of similar tools available online).

You create a bootable CD/USB and can run hardware diagnostics on the computer (including hdd testing). You can do this if you want to confirm the HDD is the issue.

Jun 13, 2020
You caused this with your overclocking most likely
Yes, I kinda suspect overclocking is the cause, but I tweaked just a tiny bit on the sliders. I'm sure it wouldn't break the gpu and cpu just by that. Also does overclocking a tiny bit prevents you from reinstalling Windows? Does overclocking a tiny bit breaks HDD's? Sorry I have little knowledge on these things

TRENDING THREADS