HELP Lexar USB 3.0 flash drive files disappeared

iceorphan

Honorable
Oct 28, 2013
When I plug in my flash drive, my computer does not recognize it and the red light flashes fast and does not turn off. I have tried file recovery, but the the disc is still not recognized. Any ideas?

Yes one idea, the PD is not reading by OS.

Try it on safe-mode. Or try it on another system. Or try it on different ports (front/back). Or uninstall the USB root hub under device manager, then scan for new hardware changes under Action menu. Or try it over and over again by plugging and unplugging.

The last resort will be to format the OS and to clean install it.

BillyDataGuy

Honorable
Jan 29, 2014
This is a common problem with the Lexar drives especially the 32G what happens here is the controller fails. Safe mode doesn't help, plugging and unplugging doesn't help either matter fact that could be the cause of this failure (unplugging without ejecting). Sometimes with this problem even the NAND itself is corrupted. Lexar is not the first choice for storage media. At the very least a "chip off" recovery is required. I posted on a thread a link to learn more about http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1828275/usb-flash-drive-recognized-recovery.html