Question HELP // LG Calibration Studio Not Working with M1 Macbook (Monterey) and LG 27UL850-W

Nov 19, 2021
I just purchased the LG 27UL850-W and after installing LG Calibration Studio, when opening the app it says: "Please connect supported monitor. Please connect USB cable to PC and Monitor."

czsrpsttqk081.png

And then it says: "Communication error blabla..." I tried plugging/unplugging USB and different USB port, and then switch off and on LG screen, then unplug/plug charger - still not working.

o6kozk9ark081.png

Running latest version of Monterey on Mac.

Is it because I'm using the USB-C cable provided by LG? Shall I use Thunderbolt 4 cable - https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/CBLTB4C0.7M/

I don't understand why it's not working, it's a brand new screen working fine otherwise.

Thanks already.

Nov 19, 2021
After installing Calibration Studio and OnScreen Control for Mac on LG website, Calibration Studio can't find my screen and OnScreen Control is buggy, after 1 second the left side menu disappears and I can't do anything in the software, it's useless.

Has anyone managed to make Calibration Studio and OnScreen Control work with a LG 27UP850-W monitor and/or Monterey anyway? What is the culprit here?

TRENDING THREADS