Help: Linksys BEF1145W AP shows excellent signal but won't..

This Linkysy BEF1145W router/AP/dsl modem works fine with clients
connected via copper.

A w2k and an XP/pro WiFi client suddenly can't connect via the AP.
The client software sees the AP, and says the signal is strong, but
DHCP times out. This happened after the AP was working for a few
weeks. I checked all settings and they look right. I have not tried
to do a hardware reset on the linksys box.

The wifi laptops work fine at other locations.

I have power cycled the AP, but not reset it to factory settings.

Any suggetsions ?

Thanks

--
Al Dykes
-----------

> This Linkysy BEF1145W router/AP/dsl modem works fine with clients
> connected via copper.
>
> A w2k and an XP/pro WiFi client suddenly can't connect via the AP.
> The client software sees the AP, and says the signal is strong, but
> DHCP times out. This happened after the AP was working for a few
> weeks. I checked all settings and they look right. I have not tried
> to do a hardware reset on the linksys box.
>
> The wifi laptops work fine at other locations.
>
> I have power cycled the AP, but not reset it to factory settings.
>

> Any suggetsions ?

Do the *hard* reset, but I think the router is gone on the wireless. If
you're just plugging the router into a surge protector and not UPS/AVR
system, then that could lead to the defection as the router like good study
and clean power, IMHO. I have had my 11S4 V1 router since 2001 and not a
peep out of it when I plugged it into the UPS/AVR. I got a friend who got a
11S4 V2 last year and the thing is gone already. He got a new one on the
(extended warrantee) and it will be gone too in about a year as he won't
listen.

Duane :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS