Question HELP Locked out of my PC Only open to OTHER USER!!

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
HELP!! Locked out of my PC!! PC ONLY OPENS TO OTHER USER!!
I have a regular Microsoft account online but there are no passwords for Other User or Administrator and pc refuse to open to my original sign-in page where I can use my Microsoft account info. Also have and tried the Microsoft Authenticator app but it’s useless for my current problem. I NEVER set up an Other User sign-in window option. So wtf and why? Completely locked out of my win 10 pc. Only opens to Other User. I’ve tried several times to restart using; Restart + Shift at same time while stuck on Other User window, but it only opens with some annoying Sticky Keys popup window that insists I click on it or click Shift 5x and when I do this (because I am forced to!) it just goes back to Other User sign-in window again, preventing me from restarting in safe mode. HELP!! I tried the other way by turning pc on and off 3x but still get that annoying Sticky Keys window then immediately back Other User! Is there a work-around for /to avoid /prevent Sticky Keys window from iterferring/getting in the way of a smooth Safe Mode opening? One time Administrator did came up but i don’t know or have password for Administrator. PLEASE HELP!! Also please note: My keyboard is non-responsive/locked while in Other User mode so I can't use any tricks/solutions involving pressing windows icon on keyboard + 1 or + R, etc because pc is STUCK on Other User so my keyboard does not respond/locked. I can only do Shift + Restart. Again, I get no response when i press other keys on keyboard so please stop giving me solutions involving using my locked/unresponsive keyboard. Sorry to repeat this but when I posted this for answers on Microsoft ALL the solutions were for using my keyboard which I emphasized to them that my keyboard use is locked/limited like while in Other User mode. Please help ASAP. Thanks and double thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I have a regular Microsoft account online but there are no passwords for Other User or Administrator and pc refuse to open to my original sign-in page where I can use my Microsoft account info. Also have and tried the Microsoft Authenticator app but it’s useless for my current problem. I NEVER set up an Other User sign-in window option. So wtf and why? Completely locked out of my win 10 pc. Only opens to Other User. I’ve tried several times to restart using; Restart + Shift at same time while stuck on Other User window, but it only opens with some annoying Sticky Keys popup window that insists I click on it or click Shift 5x and when I do this (because I am forced to!) it just goes back to Other User sign-in window again, preventing me from restarting in safe mode. HELP!! I tried the other way by turning pc on and off 3x but still get that annoying Sticky Keys window then immediately back Other User! Is there a work-around for /to avoid /prevent Sticky Keys window from iterferring/getting in the way of a smooth Safe Mode opening? One time Administrator did came up but i don’t know or have password for Administrator. PLEASE HELP!! Also please note: My keyboard is non-responsive/locked while in Other User mode so I can't use any tricks/solutions involving pressing windows icon on keyboard + 1 or + R, etc because pc is STUCK on Other User so my keyboard does not respond/locked. I can only do Shift + Restart. Again, I get no response when i press other keys on keyboard so please stop giving me solutions involving using my locked/unresponsive keyboard. Sorry to repeat this but when I posted this for answers on Microsoft ALL the solutions were for using my keyboard which I emphasized to them that my keyboard use is locked/limited like while in Other User mode. Please help ASAP. Thanks and double thanks!
Usually, threads about bypassing security settings are locked by moderators. If you do not have important files, do a fresh install of Windows 10.

Jul 14, 2021

I'm not sure if this is a desktop or a laptop/notebook, but if it's a desktop, the most obvious answer is to try unplugging the keyboard. Then either plug it back in or replace it with another keyboard. I've had weird problems because some keys were unknowingly stuck or were shorted. Once, the cable was damaged by my cat and random key presses resulted. It can also result from a damaged or dirty port.

If it's a laptop, try plugging in a USB keyboard. I don't know if it'll be recognized before you log in but it's worth a try. Basically, it sounds like your keyboard is inadvertently sending key presses to the computer, invoking Sticky Keys.

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a desktop or a laptop/notebook, but if it's a desktop, the most obvious answer is to try unplugging the keyboard. Then either plug it back in or replace it with another keyboard. I've had weird problems because some keys were unknowingly stuck or were shorted. Once, the cable was damaged by my cat and random key presses resulted. It can also result from a damaged or dirty port.

If it's a laptop, try plugging in a USB keyboard. I don't know if it'll be recognized before you log in but it's worth a try. Basically, it sounds like your keyboard is inadvertently sending key presses to the computer, invoking Sticky Keys.

Thanks, Sam.
My pc is a Lenovo laptop Ideapad P500. It is NOT a touch version, requires mouse and keyboard. Re the constant Sticky Keys pop up notice opening and interfering w any/all attempts to Restart, my keyboard and mouse respond as they should w regards to closing Sticky Keys pop up notice. I'll have to track down a cheap pc keyboard to try yr suggestion but i dont think that's the problem. Also, even though i've made clear that I cannot get into my pc to do ANYTHING because i cant get past other user yet i keep getting advice to do a reinstall of win 10 but how am i supposed to do this when i clearly cant get into my own pc? I'm hoping now that you know type of pc i have you might have a different solution? Regardles, thanks again. Cheers

Feb 16, 2022
you're saying that your pc opens to another username, that's pretty suspicious

what did it change to tho?

edit: i appeared to have mis-read the problem. yeah, i suggest following advice from above ^

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
Indeed that is your private computer? Or given by employer with online logon measures like domain login?
My Lenovo laptop p500 but not touchscreen. I did find my Administrator name and password but it’s no use right now because pc only opens to Other User. Read my original statement for more details. There is no option to Switch User showing up. I have important files on my pc so I really don’t want to lose anything. Since I can’t get past Other User I can’t do anything. Keyboard does not respond to anything expect to turn of that annoying Sticky Keys pop up and can do; restart, power off, sleep but that’s it! Thanks again

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
you're saying that your pc opens to another username, that's pretty suspicious

what did it change to tho?

edit: i appeared to have mis-read the problem. yeah, i suggest following advice from above ^
Its my pc Lenovo laptop
My Lenovo laptop p500 but not touchscreen. I did find my Administrator name and password but it’s no use right now because pc only opens to Other User. Read my original statement for more details. There is no option to Switch User showing up. I have important files on my pc so I really don’t want to lose anything. Since I can’t get past Other User I can’t do anything. Keyboard does not respond to anything expect to turn of that annoying Sticky Keys pop up and can do; restart, power off, sleep but that’s it! Thanks again

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012

123mc

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
check the accounts in windows settings
Thanks but if you read my original message I emphasized that I cannot do anything on my pc because I can’t get past Other User.....so have no access and get no response on keyboard until I get past signing in Other User which I don’t, never did, never set up Other User so cant possibly fill in Other Users name and password

rgd1101

Don't
.so have no access and get no response on keyboard until I get past signing in Other User
so how did it get past signing in to other user? auto login?

I cannot do anything on my pc because I can’t get past Other User
and you said you login on the other user. then use the other user to go to account.

someone have access to the laptop? could be malware?

TRENDING THREADS