[SOLVED] Help looking for new GPU

royberg1985

Commendable
Jun 22, 2018
I'm currently using integrated graphics after building a new PC a while back and I'm in the market for a solid GPU that's under $500 if possible. With supply and demand shenanigans due to COVID and the uptick in cryptocurrency mining, prices and availability have been crazy. I'm looking for some advice on cards I should get to avoid any buyer's remorse. NVIDIA seems preferable to me based on things I've read. I'm looking to play the Mass Effect: Legendary Edition and Cyberpunk 2077 on some fairly high settings and be future proof for a few years. Are there any upcoming dates for new cards I should be aware of that might lower prices or give more options?

Here's my current setup:
-CPU: i3-8100 (Coffee Lake line released in late 2017; may cause some bottlenecking)
-RAM: 8GB DDR4
-PSU: EVGA B3 550W

Thanks for your help!

Solution
For under 500$, the 3060Ti is the best choice if you can find one at MSRP. If not maybe used 5700XT's on that are sold used locally through ebay or whatever local auction websites are in your area. I wouldn't settle for anything lower than a 2070 on Nvidia's side or an RX 5700 if you want to play on high settings for those games.
For under 500$, the 3060Ti is the best choice if you can find one at MSRP. If not maybe used 5700XT's on that are sold used locally through ebay or whatever local auction websites are in your area. I wouldn't settle for anything lower than a 2070 on Nvidia's side or an RX 5700 if you want to play on high settings for those games.

Solution