Help - looking for reset commands for Canon MP390

I have a Canon MP390 which has a #343 error - waste ink tank full. Have
changed the diaper, but need the sequence to reset the internal counter.
Canon want to send an engineer on site to do it. This will cost more
than a new printer!!

"Richard Hewitt" <richard.hewitt@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I have a Canon MP390 which has a #343 error - waste ink tank full. Have
>changed the diaper, but need the sequence to reset the internal counter.
>Canon want to send an engineer on site to do it. This will cost more than
>a new printer!!

I am curious where you are located that Canon wants to "Send an engineer on
site to do it" ?
The MP390 does not normally have 'on-site' service and require the user to
carry-in to local service center.

zakezuke

> I have a Canon MP390 which has a #343 error - waste ink tank full.

It's either menu-scan-copy-scan to enter service mode or Menu copy copy
copy scan, probally the last one.

should be something like 8 for printer test 3 for e-prom clear 0 for
ink count, followed by [set] and [power] but your menus might be
different from my memory.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Richard Hewitt <richard.hewitt@virgin.net> wrote:
>I have a Canon MP390 which has a #343 error - waste ink tank full. Have
>changed the diaper, but need the sequence to reset the internal counter.
> Canon want to send an engineer on site to do it. This will cost more
>than a new printer!!

Try this Richard

1) Enter SERVICE MODE.---
By pressing menu-copy-scan-copy-copy
2) Select TEST MODE.
3) Select [8] PRINTER TEST in TEST MODE.
4) Select 3. [EEPROM CLEAR].
5) Select 0. [INK COUNT].
6) Press the [Set] key.
7) Press the [Stop/Reset] key (returning to the state of 3)), and then press
the [ON/OFF] key.

Tony