HELP - LOW FPS in DayZ - AMD Phenom 9600 Best Compatible Graphics Card

ladiesman407

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
So I'm looking to upgrade minimal amount of parts to run DayZ with better FPS. I'll list specs below, I'm hoping I can just get away with a new graphics card, and if so I just need to know what graphics card is best compatible with my processor and current build. I am looking to get a new computer soon so for now I just simply want DayZ with better FPS, nothing else. Please help and let me know if maybe it could be beneficial to upgrade something other than the graphics card for better FPS. Thank you all.

AMD Phenom 9600 QuadCore 2.29GHz 64-bit
4 GB RAM
320 GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT (1 GB I believe)
400 Watt Power Supply

rujoesmith

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2010
Its probably a combination of both your GPU and CPU. The GPU is very dated and definitely isn't helping your fps, but the CPU is a bigger problem. Enfusion (the engine dayz runs on) is extremely cpu dependent and needs strong single core performance. Something that cpu does not have.

Realistically, the only way your going to get playable frame rates in Dayz is an entirely new computer. CPU/Gpu/Mobo/Ram.

ladiesman407

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Yeah i know its a big POS! lol so until tax return season ill have to get by with this one. That's why I was hoping to just upgrade the graphics card and possibly OC something if i needed to to at least get some extra frames. Looking to start with a fresh new system and build, so just trying to upgrade as little as possible just for DayZ FPS until that time. Thanks for the insight though.