[SOLVED] Help. Low FPS when playing 1440p when gaming

Jan 8, 2021
When playing CoD/Warzone at 1440p on mostly high setting my FPS stays around 70-90 FPS. Even if I drop the settings down I still do not get much improvements to my FPS.

I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the AMD drivers.
I've updated my Bios as well
clean installed windows 10

Specs:
Asus Rog strix b550-f gaming mobo
Ryzen 7 3800x
8g Saphire nitro+ RX 5700x
32g Ripjaws 3600 Ram
700w gold rated Corsair PSU
2tb 7200rpm Seagate HDD
500g Samsung Evo SSD
144hz 1440p gaming monitor 27"

Solution
Not sure what you're saying lol.
You quoted yourself and haven't provided information about usage and temps and such.
<Mod Edit> sorry I uploaded a pic of what I got. I actually figured out what my dumbass did. I had my gpu on the bottom slot and switched it to the top one on my mono and it fixed everything 😭😂

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
have you used DDU to uninstall drivers in safe mode?
Or just uninstalled using AMD's uninstaller?
If you didn't use DDU I suggest using it.

You should install MSI Afterburner and use RivaTuner to monitor your hardware while playing to see if your CPU or GPU are reporting low usage while playing, even at the lowest graphic settings to try and narrow down what piece of hardware is having issues.

Jan 8, 2021
have you used DDU to uninstall drivers in safe mode?
Or just uninstalled using AMD's uninstaller?
If you didn't use DDU I suggest using it.

You should install MSI Afterburner and use RivaTuner to monitor your hardware while playing to see if your CPU or GPU are reporting low usage while playing, even at the lowest graphic settings to try and narrow down what piece of hardware is having issues.
I used DDU last night and it seems to have given me an increase of 10-15 frames now I’m at 90ish FPS. I’m going to try using afterburner and see if I can find where the issue is.

Jan 8, 2021
I used DDU last night and it seems to have given me an increase of 10-15 frames now I’m at 90ish FPS. I’m going to try using afterburner and see if I can find where the issue is.
So I used Afterburner and this is what I got.

Jan 8, 2021
Not sure what you're saying lol.
You quoted yourself and haven't provided information about usage and temps and such.
<Mod Edit> sorry I uploaded a pic of what I got. I actually figured out what my dumbass did. I had my gpu on the bottom slot and switched it to the top one on my mono and it fixed everything 😭😂

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Oh wow. Lol. I guess it's my bad as well for assuming you were using the top slot haha.
Yeah, always use the top PCIe slot for your GPU for best performance.

Glad it wasn't a serious issue.