[SOLVED] Help lowering CPU temperatures

Jul 22, 2020
First off, here's my rig:

• CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (stock everything, including cooler)
  • MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
  • RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) of DDR4 3600 (I have it set to 3600 in BIOS, where it originally wants to be at 2133)

I have a Cooler Master NR600 with stock case fans; one in the front in the middle position, and one in the back for exhaust.

My CPU temperature while idling is around 50c, and under load (playing RE3 for example, or Warzone) is around mid-to-high 80c.

I did buy two more case fans, so I'll have one in the top position drawing air in and across the CPU, and I'll put the second one in the top of the case for exhaust.

I also have the fans all set to PWM instead of DC, and the fan curve is set to full blast (basically no curve as of this writing).

My CPU voltage hovers around 1.4V as well.

Sorry if this is a lot of info, but I'd like to be thorough. I've also been debating replacing the stock Wraith Stealth CPU cooler with a Hyper 212.

I'm pretty new to the PC world, as this is my first build, and want to make sure I'm running at optimal temps.

Solution
While there are many good HSFs available, I would not recommend the Hyer 212. If you want to stay with air consider a Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua nh-d15, assuming you have space in your case. For a small amount more you could go to an AIO liquid system.

RealBeast

Titan
While there are many good HSFs available, I would not recommend the Hyer 212. If you want to stay with air consider a Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua nh-d15, assuming you have space in your case. For a small amount more you could go to an AIO liquid system.

Solution