[HELP] Major upgrade of my Rig after 4 years.

Kiril Nochrin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
Good day to you all,

Finally i’ve decided to do it. To upgrade.

Right now my rig looks like this:
CPU - i5 4590
GPU - MSI 970GTX 4GB
MoBo - GA-H97-GAMING 3 GIGABYTE (Cooles by evo 212)
PSU - Corsair 550RM 80Plus Gold
SSD - 256gb MX100 Crucial / 1TB WD Black
RAM - DDR3 1600mhz 1.5v CL9 1.5v
CASE - Cooler Master K280

Rig was assembled around 2014 October.

So im thinking of getting a new mobo/cpu/M. 2 SSD/GPU ???

With the CPU i want to go with 9th Series i7 9700k (Just Because i do some video rendering and streaming now and then)
Now about the mobo i dont really know should i get the z370 or z390 with WiFi AC built in. (Seems to me the z390 sounds better)
GPU is a big question here i really dont know with what to go 1070ti or 1080, i would prefer to keep the price for the gpu at 550€ i saw the news about Nviadia TRX series so now im totally lost. (This PC will be mostly for gaming max 1080p 144hz, heavy CPU games like Rust, PUBG and other badly optimised games).
The PSU I can keep i guess since 550w is enough.
The M. 2 SSD will be Samsung Evo 970 500gb.
RAM will be ddr4 2666mhz or 3000 i dont really know which one will suit best the i7 9700k.

So the main question is about the GPU, as well about the PSU can i keep it, will it be enough i assumed it will.

I am open to remarks and suggestions from you guys on this build what should i change or keep.

EDIT: I will buy the rig at the start of November.

Solution
Users on the forums will come and go at their own free time and provide suggestions as they see fit. This thread belongs in the System's section because it's the appropriate section.

Now that you edited more info into your thread, you should go with a DDR4-3200MHz as your base purchase. Anything above that will need you to work for it, by manually inputting it in BIOS. As stated prior, the RTX series of cards aren't yet released to the masses and reviewers are yet to have it in hand which means we'll be shooting ourselves(in the foot) if we were to suggest you buy a components for something that costly that has no reviews yet.

Lutfij

Titan
Z390 however the chipsetted boards have not yet seen launch or at the very least, store availability. To that end you should be wary that reviewers don't yet have the board in hand which likely will mean you're paying a premium for being an early adopter. You should choose ram at DDR4-3200MHz.

The PSU being 4 years old, I'd say that you should keep a budget reserved in case you will need a new PSU.

Kiril Nochrin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Kiril Nochrin : "Gtx 1070ti or TRX nvidia and MoBo/ CPU upgrade."

Good day to you all,

Finally i’ve decided to do it. To upgrade.

Right now my rig looks like this:
CPU - i5 4590
GPU - MSI 970GTX 4GB
MoBo - GA-H97-GAMING 3 GIGABYTE (Cooles by evo 212)
PSU - Corsair 550RM 80Plus Gold
SSD - 256gb MX100 Crucial / 1TB WD Black
RAM - DDR3 1600mhz 1.5v CL9 1.5v
CASE - Cooler Master K280

Rig was assembled around 2014 October.

So im thinking of getting a new mobo/cpu/M. 2 SSD/GPU ???

With the CPU i want to go with 9th Series i7 9700k (Just Because i do some video rendering and streaming now and then)

Now about the mobo i dont really know should i get the z370 or z390 with WiFi AC built in. (Seems to me the z390 sounds better)

GPU is a big question here i really dont know with what to go 1070ti or 1080, i would prefer to keep the price for the gpu at 550€ i saw the news about Nviadia TRX series so now im totally lost. (This PC will be mostly for gaming max 1080p 144hz, heavy CPU games like Rust, PUBG and other badly optimised games).

The PSU I can keep i guess since 550w is enough.

The M. 2 SSD will be Samsung Evo 970 500gb.

RAM will be ddr4 2666mhz or 3200mhz i dont really know which one will suit best the i7 9700k.

So the main question is about the GPU, as well about the PSU can i keep it, will it be enough i assumed it will.

I am open to remarks and suggestions from you guys on this build what should i change or keep.

EDIT: I will buy the rig at the start of November.

Kiril Nochrin

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013
I just saw my post in the systems section for some reason, and it clearly does not belong there. I have only my phone really hard to edit some thing. So i’ve created another one, if you could move this post to Components threads would be great since i think that part of the forum will help me a lot more then the system one.

Lutfij

Titan
Users on the forums will come and go at their own free time and provide suggestions as they see fit. This thread belongs in the System's section because it's the appropriate section.

Now that you edited more info into your thread, you should go with a DDR4-3200MHz as your base purchase. Anything above that will need you to work for it, by manually inputting it in BIOS. As stated prior, the RTX series of cards aren't yet released to the masses and reviewers are yet to have it in hand which means we'll be shooting ourselves(in the foot) if we were to suggest you buy a components for something that costly that has no reviews yet.

Solution