help me $400 for pc

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
Core 2 Duo E7400
P31-ES3G motherboard
4GB RAM DDR2
GT220
450 watt powersupply

pls help me budget to change my pc to better gaming but forget my graphic card im going change it next year i just need processor ram and motherboard maybe required new case its fine if play medium setting on games

i hope that i can use my old power supply just need for medium gaming pc

Solution

I would buy the PC listed above.. its great for what you want.. no it will not last you 5-6 years.. only about 1 1/2 - 2 then you will have to upgrade... and TBH.. no PC is good for more than 5 years when it comes to gaming.. every year somethnig gets better.. its a fact that by the time a PC is even released... it is already 6 months obsolete cuz they already have the next best thing being worked on...

I would buy the PC listed above.. its great for what you want.. no it will not last you 5-6 years.. only about 1 1/2 - 2 then you will have to upgrade... and TBH.. no PC is good for more than 5 years when it comes to gaming.. every year somethnig gets better.. its a fact that by the time a PC is even released... it is already 6 months obsolete cuz they already have the next best thing being worked on...

Solution

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Another thing is don't buy PC parts from a retail store. You won't get any good deals an they usually mark the price up for a reason. Reason being people who don't generally know computers too well will pay premium prices for hardware that they could find much cheaper online if they had looked.

Like I said an like the other person said as well. Save up some more money or as I suggest sell your 360 an put it with your budget of $400

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

Alright man.... last an final suggestion here. Since you can't sell your Xbox 360 and your budget will not get you anything much in the way of PC gaming. Just keep playing your Xbox 360. None of the games out right now on the new consoles are really any different an there aren't that many out yet anyways that are worth buying to begin with.

Save the money you have now for later an once you save like around $200-300 more than get you a decent PC an learn how to build it before you do all this as well. If you go some place an ask them to put it together you are going to be paying double what the parts cost. There are plenty of tutorial on YouTube an plenty of people here if you need help.

Best of Luck

syahin

Reputable
Apr 27, 2014
i like your 2nd paragraph and i hate the first paragraph that you tell me to keep playing xbox 360 even i already tell you i cant play console.But anyway thanks to you all i think im going to save 200 or 300 more like zombie said.

THANKS