Sep 30, 2022
When i insert a 4gb x 4 it won't post fans spining slow and no beeps

mb: Gigabyte 970a-d3p rev1.0
cpu: Amd fx 6300
psu: Tsunami 750w black storm

Ralston18

Titan
This motherboard?

https://download1.gigabyte.com/File...-d3p_e.pdf?v=25ee9d9c515e303ec18325d1301ad9c5

(Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.)

Physically numbered Page 10 lists supported RAM specs. On the page, also note "Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules."

Be sure that those 4 GB RAM modules are supported by the motherboard. Were the modules purchased as a matched set/kit?

Pages 16 & 17 cover the supported RAM configurations and the physical installation process itself. Double check your RAM installation and then also check all connectors, cards, jumpers, and case connections to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Especially power connections.

Work through the Troubleshooting Process that begins on Page 77.

How old is that Tsunami PSU? Condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming use?

Reactions: Miczk462ezy
Sep 30, 2022
This motherboard?

https://download1.gigabyte.com/File...-d3p_e.pdf?v=25ee9d9c515e303ec18325d1301ad9c5

(Do verify that I found the applicable User Manual.)

Physically numbered Page 10 lists supported RAM specs. On the page, also note "Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules."

Be sure that those 4 GB RAM modules are supported by the motherboard. Were the modules purchased as a matched set/kit?

Pages 16 & 17 cover the supported RAM configurations and the physical installation process itself. Double check your RAM installation and then also check all connectors, cards, jumpers, and case connections to ensure that all are fully and firmly in place. Especially power connections.

Work through the Troubleshooting Process that begins on Page 77.

How old is that Tsunami PSU? Condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)? History of heavy gaming use?
Yes that motherboard for psu(i think 8 years) original to build and i only play valorant

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Try the voltage changes as suggested by @Zerk2012.

However, that 8 year old PSU is very suspect. May be at or nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life). At some threshold were some seemingly minor increase in power demands causes some failure. PSU simply unable to keep up.

Do you have access to another known working PSU for testing purposes?

Sep 30, 2022
Try the voltage changes as suggested by @Zerk2012.

However, that 8 year old PSU is very suspect. May be at or nearing its' designed in EOL (End of Life). At some threshold were some seemingly minor increase in power demands causes some failure. PSU simply unable to keep up.

Do you have access to another known working PSU for testing purposes?
No i don't have any PSU thank you i will take my computer to computer repair shop