Help me ASAP, network/internet.

fermonos

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong section.

Anyway, I've been having the trouble with my Computer.

Every now and then at random my internet disconnects, it has the little red X. It will disconnect for about 15 seconds and connect back, it doesn't go slow or anything first it works just like normal apart from this.

This is where it gets weird though, no one in my house has this problem.

I'm using a wired connection, numerous of times to install the latest drivers and it still hasn't fixed it. The wire is completely fine with no breaks or anything and it's not slipping out of the socket.

I really need this fixing as I online game heavily and it's effecting me massively.

The thing is, when I disconnect it's always between 10-20 seconds (Don't have to put the wire back in or touch it, and there's no possible of anything knocking it out). My internet can sometimes go for days without the disconnect then all of a sudden I get kicked a lot. It's usually when I'm using a lot of bandwidth like watching twitch.tv or loading a movie etc.

I haven't tried another wire as I need 30ft wire and don't have one but I'll probably buy one to test and if still got the problem I'll just send it back to amazon.

Do you have anything else I could try, formatting PC isn't possible as I will lose a lot of data and don't have time or patience to transfer it.

Also I have 200mb down and 15up so it's not that problem, and my network card is 1gb/s.

ALSO, don't know if it's worth mentioned but when it reconnects it flashes yellow triangle before reconnecting.

Solution

Go to device manager, under network adapter, find that NIC. Then right click and hit uninstalled. Make sure you have the file I pointed ready, so you can uninstalled it.

fermonos

Commendable
Nov 28, 2016
No there are 3 other connection via wire (almost all the time using the network) There's also a few phones using it an xbox 1 and a laptop but not all the time.

I think my network is strong enough to handle this as it's 200mb/s but even if it wasn't I shouldn't get red X and disconnect and if I should then it should effect other people but only this PC is effected.

No that doesn't work. How are you getting the drivers? Through Windows are straight from the motherboard website? What motherboard is it?

Go to device manager, under network adapter, find that NIC. Then right click and hit uninstalled. Make sure you have the file I pointed ready, so you can uninstalled it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS