FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hey there, I am installing my new GPU is a Gigabyte RTX 2070 and I am wondering... in order to power the card should I connect all the cables (connectors) the 8pin and 6pin or just one of them?
I have this PSU: Corsair VS650 so I have x2 6pcie pins with extra 2pins it’s one

Any help?

Solution
if the ports are there they're are not optional - on a GPU.
your GPU needs both connected- its why they are there
you need the 6-pin and the 6+2pin connected. the 6+2 pin counts as the 8-pin
Hmm if my system I'd be wanting a much better quality psu to run a 2070. VS is the worst of the Corsair line up and has no place in a gaming pc. The psu is put under high load for long periods of time (gaming), quality is important to ensure all components long life and reduce the chance of damage from psu failure.

FaithOnHuman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hmm if my system I'd be wanting a much better quality psu to run a 2070. VS is the worst of the Corsair line up and has no place in a gaming pc. The psu is put under high load for long periods of time (gaming), quality is important to ensure all components long life and reduce the chance of damage from psu failure.

oh yeah... now I know... the seller was sure that this was the best PSU... tomorrow I will return the PSU for a new TX650M... I hope it will not catch fire until then lol