Help me (BSoD)

Garnaken

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
Hi, ever since the Battlefield 1 beta on PC (or at least in the middle of a match) i got a BSoD. (I had the Game Optimization driver update for optimization if that info is needed).

After that BSoD my PC restarted and rebooted but my monitor didn't turn on and PC turned off again and in about 5 seconds it rebooted and this process kept happening and after unplugging my PC and such i got it to work again.

Soon when watching youtube i got another BSoD, and I was confused. I ended up doing a clean install of windows 10 to see if the issue would be fixed. However later that day i got another BSoD. Fed up with it thinking it was a windows 10 issue i reset my PC and went back to windows 8. Now I had no issues but when watching youtube again I got another BSoD.

So this is a summary
1) I've gotten multiple BSoD (Different errors nearly everytime)
a) Errors i remember - (IRQL_IS_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL / BAD_POOL_HEADER / BAD_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT / PFN_LIST_CORRUPT )

b) I've done clean installs of windows, rolled back drivers on my GPU, reset my PC, done system repairs and it'll fix it and later that day i'll get a BSoD.

Currently -
Last Error PFN_LIST_CORRUPT - was watching youtube

Specs:
Windows 8 (ATM)
GTX 660 2GB
i5 3350P 3.1 GHZ
8gb ram

Anyone have any ideas of what to do (I hope im not making this to long/breaking forum rules)

Solution
I'm sorry for formatting the other post poorly.

You can still go with one stick at a time, first in one slot then the other to try to rule out one particular stick or one particular slot.

As for the software tests, the utility memtest86 is a free download as an .iso disk image which can be burned onto a CD and run from the boot menu the same way the original windows DVD was. There's also a HDD test, Seatools, offered on Seagate's support website which supports other manufacturers as well as their own drives.

On that note, do you have an SSD or HDD (or combination of both)?
Try some hardware diagnostics.

Software versions:

Memory: download, burn to disk and run memtest (it will loop around until manually restarted)
HDD: Seagate Seatools can run in Windows or burned to a disk and run (DOS version), and supports all makers

Manual tests: try RAM sticks one at a time, in each slot available. If the RAM themselves is good it's possible to have bad slots.

Garnaken

Honorable
Aug 24, 2013

A bit confused on what you said, but the changing the RAM slots my mother board is tiny (never noticed it) but it only has two slots. Which is used up by both of my Ram sticks.

I'm sorry for formatting the other post poorly.

You can still go with one stick at a time, first in one slot then the other to try to rule out one particular stick or one particular slot.

As for the software tests, the utility memtest86 is a free download as an .iso disk image which can be burned onto a CD and run from the boot menu the same way the original windows DVD was. There's also a HDD test, Seatools, offered on Seagate's support website which supports other manufacturers as well as their own drives.

On that note, do you have an SSD or HDD (or combination of both)?

Solution