[SOLVED] help me build a 3080 5900x pc

Solution
build looks OK to me.

My suggestions below are mostly on cost-savings, rather than any specific complaint about your build

I'd suggest a B550 over the X570 (both will need a BIOS update, the 550 is more likely to have a flashback bios, and be a little less expensive for mostly the same features).

I don't think you need the 2 TB NVME and the 512 GB NVME unless the smaller one is for something like a scratch drive for video editing, Photoshop, or the like. I'd keep the larger drive and get a spinny drive for non-critical files at 2 or 4 TB.

You can probably step down to a Gold PSU instead of the Platinum, even running all out, it will take 3-6 years for the platinum to save you the cost difference. And the PSU will not be...
Nov 11, 2020
Everything looks good. It will be a beast of a gaming rig, for sure. Way better than my rig, lol! Just one question. Are you getting the 512 GB M.2 just so that both slots are filled? If you are, just stick to 2 Tb and get another 2 Tb down the road. 512 Gb is not a very large size, and, to me it would make sense to get a larger capacity.

Reactions: qe58hmr
build looks OK to me.

My suggestions below are mostly on cost-savings, rather than any specific complaint about your build

I'd suggest a B550 over the X570 (both will need a BIOS update, the 550 is more likely to have a flashback bios, and be a little less expensive for mostly the same features).

I don't think you need the 2 TB NVME and the 512 GB NVME unless the smaller one is for something like a scratch drive for video editing, Photoshop, or the like. I'd keep the larger drive and get a spinny drive for non-critical files at 2 or 4 TB.

You can probably step down to a Gold PSU instead of the Platinum, even running all out, it will take 3-6 years for the platinum to save you the cost difference. And the PSU will not be running flat out 24/7.

Reactions: qe58hmr
Solution