[SOLVED] Help me build an office PC under 40,000INR (550USD) (no gaming needs) [INDIA]

Troll_2

Reputable
Oct 9, 2016
Hello,
I only want to use this PC for working on word, excel, pds, and for surfing internet (through wifi). Single monitor use. No need of HDMI. No gaming needs. I posted this request on reddit and a kind person suggested me this build: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/rW4CPV
Should I use this or are their better alternatives?
Thank you :)

edit: I've got the software part covered, just need advice on hardware.

Last edited:
Solution
I think the build looks pretty solid. Based on what I know about the market (here) and my recent hunting for an inexpensive office PC as well...
That Samsung 2.5" has been on sale for a very attractive price, and totally fine for the usage. You could save a few bucks by moving 'down' to the i3 10100 and a less attractive case.

Buying a refurb or prebuilt would be helpful for license as noted above, but there again I am not sure how hard/easy it is to deal with in India. I have read and seen video that indicate it doesn't matter at all in China because MS would rather have the OS operating than be concerned about the license. You will also have to consider whether you are going to actually use the Office Suite, or a freeware version.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,
I only want to use this PC for working on word, excel, pds, and for surfing internet (through wifi). Single monitor use. No need of HDMI. No gaming needs. I posted this request on reddit and a kind person suggested me this build: https://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/rW4CPV
Should I use this or are their better alternatives?
Thank you :)
That build does not include Windows license. For "office" work I would get a Dell or HP if available in your country.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I think the build looks pretty solid. Based on what I know about the market (here) and my recent hunting for an inexpensive office PC as well...
That Samsung 2.5" has been on sale for a very attractive price, and totally fine for the usage. You could save a few bucks by moving 'down' to the i3 10100 and a less attractive case.

Buying a refurb or prebuilt would be helpful for license as noted above, but there again I am not sure how hard/easy it is to deal with in India. I have read and seen video that indicate it doesn't matter at all in China because MS would rather have the OS operating than be concerned about the license. You will also have to consider whether you are going to actually use the Office Suite, or a freeware version.

Solution