Help me building my first PC for gaming. Should i buy a graphics card?

Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys, I have decided to build my first computer ever. Im absolute beginner so please dont get mad if i say something wrong (also my English isnt the best).
I watched some youtube vids about building a cheap pc and i created this:

AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core

MSI - B350 PC MATE ATX AM4 Motherboard

G.Skill - Aegis 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory

Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

And some case of course.

I would like to play games like pubg, gta, battlefield etc.. I have seen in the video that a guy havent bought any graphics card and just overclocked the cpu integrated graphics? (or gpu i dont know please dont kill me)
Im asking you guys, should I buy a graphics card? (if so i will buy gtx 1060 6gb) or should i buy better cpu cooler and overclock it? (Im a bit worried about overclocking because I dont have any experience with it.) I dont even know if is the pc allright. Please help me guys! :)

Solution

for gaming you would be much better off going with an i5 8400 with a B360 mobo, no bios issues to worry about and you get better performance out of the box without the need for expensive ram or overclocking and it also has the better upgrade path thanks to the 9xxx series cpu's...
As the 2400G's integrated graphics are merely 'ok' for some 720P gaming, I'd skip integrated altogether, trying to jump to either the R5-1600 or 2600 if possible, and, add another RAM stick...

The 1050Ti offers decent basic 1080P performance, but, the GTX1060 (6 GB) pretty much allows everything maxed....but, naturally, the latter costs more as well.....

For demanding games, like PUBG, I'd suggest the 2400g as you will need every bit of performance. You will need 2 sticks of 2933 memory or faster, also to maximize Vega performance. Give up the SSD if you need to do it to afford the better Ryzen. 2x4gb is the minimum you should buy.

You don't need a 550W power supply for a computer like this, although it'll give you options in the future should you decide to add a videocard. But then, if that's your plan you shouldn't be spending money now on a Ryzen with graphics built-in.

Aug 10, 2018

Budget is 800 dollars. Whats the diffrence between integrated and dedicated gpu? Thanks for your answer! :)

Aug 10, 2018
Ok guys, thank you for the answers but Im still confused. Lets say that I will buy a GTX 1060 6gbs or RX 580 8gbs. - Wich one is better? (I will have AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - if it wont be too expensive- if so, i will get 1600).
Also ive read that some amd b350 chipstet may need a bios update wich may require a diffrent CPU that is supported by older bios versions. - It means that I need diffrent CPU to update it? Thanks a lot for you helping me! :)

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

performance

integrated are meant only for windows tasks

and low resolution gaming ( 720p or lower )

for a dedicated gaming setup you want to start at a gtx 1050 ti with an i3 8100

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

for gaming you would be much better off going with an i5 8400 with a B360 mobo, no bios issues to worry about and you get better performance out of the box without the need for expensive ram or overclocking and it also has the better upgrade path thanks to the 9xxx series cpu's

rx 580 > gtx 1060

Solution
Aug 10, 2018

Ok, so ill get i5 8400 with B360 mobo, Radeon 580 8gbs and just 8gb ddr4- 3000? Is that okay? Or whats the best to buy in your opinion. Thanks for answering

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

Yes 2666 - 3000 mhz ram ( if priced the same ) is perfectly fine

that would make a stout gaming setup yes