[SOLVED] Help me building my gaming pc

Apr 15, 2021
Hey guys, I've been building a pc for gaming and it might be used for some drawing applications in future. However I'm not sure about that it's perfect. I asked lots of people and never be satisfied with their answers. I have lost my confidence to build it. I've been trying to build it for 1.5 years. I asked you to analyze my build. It might be lots of mistakes. Please tell if there is any inconsistency between the parts or any wrong choice and I'll replace it. If it's perfect to buy, just say it :giggle:

List is on the right below.

Processor: Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus Tuf Gaming X570 Plus ( I'm not sure I should choose the WIFI one)
RAM: G.skill 16GB(2*8) Trident Z Neo 3600mHz CL16
SSD: Samsung 1TB 980 Pro 6900MB-5000MB
HDD: WD 4TB Blue 5400 Rpm
Cabinet: Cooler Master Master Box TD500/ Corsair Icue 4000X (not sure ??)
Power source: Corsair 750W CX750F 80+ Bronze Full modular Psu
Graphic Card: Almost no graphic cards available in my country unfortunately, but I've rtx 3070 in my mind.)
+Microsoft office 10 home OEM

I want to play games in high quality and I built high entry level system( I guess :D) So I am being in search of a high quality monitor. Some people said that I need to choose 2K(2560*1440) and 144Hz monitor cause my graphic card's built for it. I'm thinking about Samsung Odysey G5 and Asus Tuf VG27WQ. İf you have any recommandations, please say it.

And my last question, I'm thinking about buying this system without graphic card cause there is not any card yet. Then I'll buy it whenever it's available but I'm afraid of having trouble with inserting the card. Can I handle it ? İs it okay to buy without a graphic card? I thought to get the pc and put aside until I'll be able to buy the graphic card.

Thanks in advance for all your help :p

Solution
Here at least is a system you can use with a GPU. Intel HD 750 is roughly the speed of an Nvidia GT740.

And no that RTX 3070 isn't actually available.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($264.99 @ Adorama)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler ($69.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($239.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($93.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($758.99 @...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I would not buy parts for a PC that can't be tested. If any part is bad, and you do eventually get a GPU, the other parts will be beyond their return window.

Not sure why you need a Pro class SSD, intended for massive read/writes and performance. A typical 970 Evo would be a more reasonable premium option.

Power supply is a little underrated for such a build. I would look at Corsair's RM or RMx series of power supplies.

Don't see much reason to buy a super fast SSD and then the slowest hard drive. If you need 4TB for some reason, you will probably want a 7200RPM drive. Though if you are just storing a movie library or something, then 5400RPM is fine.

Cases are subjective, go with the one you like. Unless you are after absolute performance than you want one with a lot of airflow.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Here at least is a system you can use with a GPU. Intel HD 750 is roughly the speed of an Nvidia GT740.

And no that RTX 3070 isn't actually available.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($264.99 @ Adorama)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 CPU Cooler ($69.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z590 AORUS ELITE AX ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($239.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($93.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($758.99 @ Adorama)
Case: Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ Best Buy)
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5 C34G55T 34.0" 3440x1440 165 Hz Monitor ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $2397.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-04-15 10:01 EDT-0400

Solution
Apr 15, 2021
I would not buy parts for a PC that can't be tested. If any part is bad, and you do eventually get a GPU, the other parts will be beyond their return window.

Not sure why you need a Pro class SSD, intended for massive read/writes and performance. A typical 970 Evo would be a more reasonable premium option.

Power supply is a little underrated for such a build. I would look at Corsair's RM or RMx series of power supplies.

Don't see much reason to buy a super fast SSD and then the slowest hard drive. If you need 4TB for some reason, you will probably want a 7200RPM drive. Though if you are just storing a movie library or something, then 5400RPM is fine.

Cases are subjective, go with the one you like. Unless you are after absolute performance than you want one with a lot of airflow.

People I asked kept telling me to choose a bigger SSD and I changed it(Old one's Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB like you said).İf 970 enough for gaming, I can choose it. I've wanted a big memory to keep my games, think it's like a collection. I don't want to delete them after they're done. I heard the RPM thing lots of time but I didn't find high RPM value- high memory HDD. Does getting a strong SSD but poor rpm value HDD really cause a serioues performance loss. Does fast SSD keep the system alive alone? Should I buy evo 970 and choose a 7200RPM HDD ?

How about Corsair RMx White Gold Certified for Power supply ? I'm obsessed with collecting white pieces as much as I can :LOL: That's why I wanted to choose my case white.

I do prefer airflow is better. I heard good things about Cooler Master TD 500. not sure about ICUE4000X. If any recommendations. just say it.(White ones would be better :hihi:)

What about my motherboard and proccessor choices? Is there any problem with them?

Do you have any thoughts about Samsung Odyssey G5? I'm confused about that :unsure:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Bigger SSD, sure, but Pro drives are built for endurance. Installing games once/updates, it isn't necessary. Even that ADATA one I linked will be fine for games. 970 Evo Plus is a little expensive at the moment, don't see the original 970 Evo available at the moment.

If you want to store your whole games library, 2TB might not be a bad idea for your games and leave out the hard drive entirely. I suppose you can always add another 2/4TB drive in a few years time as well.

There is no performance loss with a hard drive, just that the access speed of whatever you put on it will be slower with a slower drive. It depends what you are going to do with it. If you are going to use it as a live recording disk (game recording), then you'll want the 7200rpm. If you are using it to store movies, pictures, and other bulk data it is fine. As long as you are aware that it may be slower than you want it to be. Consider also a large SATA SSD to get the best of both worlds.

Corsair White model is also good. RMx is an older design, but still quite good. I have an 850W that hasn't let me down yet.

Both chassis seem good enough, not my style, but both have probably okay airflow. Corsair looks like it might be superior in that regard.

Nothing wrong with your motherboard and CPU choice. Excepting that if you buy now, you can't test it without a graphics card. Which I covered in the first sentence. The Intel build comes with integrated graphics, which will let you at least test and use the PC, and even play some e-sports titles. Same rough performance, 6 cores 12 threads, overclocking capable, both support PCIe 4.0 so you aren't losing out there like you would with previous Intel generations.

Well, pretty much the top rated monitor out there. Odyssey models tend to be the top of the line at the moment. Certainly a fine 3440x1440 display. I like a good 27" 1440p monitor, not sure I've wanted an ultrawide. I currently don't have the graphics card to handle that all that well. Probably look into 4K 240hz in a few years.

I commonly recommend various ASUS TUF series monitors. A good mix of performance and cost. MSI tends to have similar offerings as well. Also Dell/Alienware and now Gigabyte entering the market. BenQ seems to be falling behind. LG makes too many models, but they have some of the cheapest high refresh displays.

I think it is a really bad time to be monitor shopping in general. New features haven't been weeded out as being unnecessary. You have the big drive for HDR support, 4K 120hz VRR, Motion Blur reduction, local dimming etc. All sitting in front of OLED technologies that should eventually become the standard. Also a hybrid approach I recall reading about with an OLED backlight plane with an LCD on top. Basically per-pixel local dimming, not sure if they are going to pursue that.

Apr 15, 2021
Bigger SSD, sure, but Pro drives are built for endurance. Installing games once/updates, it isn't necessary. Even that ADATA one I linked will be fine for games. 970 Evo Plus is a little expensive at the moment, don't see the original 970 Evo available at the moment.

If you want to store your whole games library, 2TB might not be a bad idea for your games and leave out the hard drive entirely. I suppose you can always add another 2/4TB drive in a few years time as well.

There is no performance loss with a hard drive, just that the access speed of whatever you put on it will be slower with a slower drive. It depends what you are going to do with it. If you are going to use it as a live recording disk (game recording), then you'll want the 7200rpm. If you are using it to store movies, pictures, and other bulk data it is fine. As long as you are aware that it may be slower than you want it to be. Consider also a large SATA SSD to get the best of both worlds.

Corsair White model is also good. RMx is an older design, but still quite good. I have an 850W that hasn't let me down yet.

Both chassis seem good enough, not my style, but both have probably okay airflow. Corsair looks like it might be superior in that regard.

Nothing wrong with your motherboard and CPU choice. Excepting that if you buy now, you can't test it without a graphics card. Which I covered in the first sentence. The Intel build comes with integrated graphics, which will let you at least test and use the PC, and even play some e-sports titles. Same rough performance, 6 cores 12 threads, overclocking capable, both support PCIe 4.0 so you aren't losing out there like you would with previous Intel generations.

Well, pretty much the top rated monitor out there. Odyssey models tend to be the top of the line at the moment. Certainly a fine 3440x1440 display. I like a good 27" 1440p monitor, not sure I've wanted an ultrawide. I currently don't have the graphics card to handle that all that well. Probably look into 4K 240hz in a few years.

I commonly recommend various ASUS TUF series monitors. A good mix of performance and cost. MSI tends to have similar offerings as well. Also Dell/Alienware and now Gigabyte entering the market. BenQ seems to be falling behind. LG makes too many models, but they have some of the cheapest high refresh displays.

I think it is a really bad time to be monitor shopping in general. New features haven't been weeded out as being unnecessary. You have the big drive for HDR support, 4K 120hz VRR, Motion Blur reduction, local dimming etc. All sitting in front of OLED technologies that should eventually become the standard. Also a hybrid approach I recall reading about with an OLED backlight plane with an LCD on top. Basically per-pixel local dimming, not sure if they are going to pursue that.

Sorry for the late. I appereciate your answer. I'm just thinking what you said and I decided to not buy HDD. Maybe I can buy low storage and cheap one. As you said, SSD is the main point of the system, not HDD.

About testing the system, if i buy a cheap gpu would i have a chance to test it and use it temporarily until I get the actual GPU? In another thread, I saw that GT 710 can used temporarily.

Also I realized I need a liquid cooler. I don't know much. That's left in my mind. In our country, there is a price difference of 600 unit money between them, not 88$. So what is the difference of these? Is it worth?( or any recommendation's accepted :giggle:)

Asus Rog Strix LC 240mm White Edition 99$

Asus TUF Gaming LC240 RGB 240 mm 187$

Also I'm wondering is 750W power supply enough for Ryzen 5 5600x and Rtx 3070 and I'll probably overclock my system. I asked my friend and he said that I need to have 1000W cause of overclocking. I'm so confused.

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
You can use any GPU temporarily. GT710 isn't capable of much other than basic display output and browsing. If you have to buy something, I would suggest a GT1030 as they can still be found at a relatively reasonable price and offer some gaming performance at low settings.

You don't "need" a liquid cooler. It will improve boost clocks. All 240mm AIO are roughly the same, usually made by only a few different OEMs (Asetek, Cool It)

Between those two I would say the pricing is just random. Strix LC 240mm is the better choice if it is cheaper.

Yes, 750W should be enough for those components. Max overclock on a Ryzen 5600X might get you to 100W, RTX3070, maybe 300W. Everything else might add up to 100W.

Apr 15, 2021
You can use any GPU temporarily. GT710 isn't capable of much other than basic display output and browsing. If you have to buy something, I would suggest a GT1030 as they can still be found at a relatively reasonable price and offer some gaming performance at low settings.

You don't "need" a liquid cooler. It will improve boost clocks. All 240mm AIO are roughly the same, usually made by only a few different OEMs (Asetek, Cool It)

Between those two I would say the pricing is just random. Strix LC 240mm is the better choice if it is cheaper.

Yes, 750W should be enough for those components. Max overclock on a Ryzen 5600X might get you to 100W, RTX3070, maybe 300W. Everything else might add up to 100W.

Why don't I need liquid cooler? All people I talked said "Ryzen 5 5600X's cooling is not good enough for gaming performance? Don't I really need it ?

So I'll take GT1030. If you bought this system and you were a game-lover person, which one would you choose? 750W/850W?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That statement isn't true. The CPU is fast enough for gaming with or without a high performance cooler, the difference is maximizing performance. Better the cooler the longer the CPU will stay in boost, and if you are overclocking better cooling is good. There are air coolers that outperform 240mm AIO. The stock cooler is functional enough, it will certainly keep the CPU running, but so would lots of relatively inexpensive air coolers in the $35-50 range.

Common AIO are copper cold plates with aluminum radiators. Usually about $100 for a 240mm.

High end heatsinks are made with nickel plated copper bases and several copper heat pipes. Heat pipes are an evaporative cooling system and are extremely efficient at moving heat. Something high end like an NH-D15 is about $90, but still quite good models between $60-90, and decent models in the $35-60 range.

High end AIOs sometimes have copper radiators, but this is reflected in the price, closer to $200, and generally 360mm or 280mm.

Higher performance coolers can also be set up to be much quieter than cheaper coolers.

Whichever power supply is cheaper, probably. Both are capable of running your system.

Reactions: phoenixfenyx
Apr 15, 2021
So, I decided to upgrade my motherboard. I want to buy forward. Do you have any thoughts about Asus Rog Strix B550-E? I searched on pc builds but I didn't find any reviews. I've seen lots of b550-f and ryzen 5 5600x builds. Is B550-E not good enough?

The B550-F Gaming is a cheaper variant of the B550-E Gaming. For that cost difference, the PCIe configuration is a simple PCIe 4.0 x16 rather than a bifurcated design, you lose a USB 3.2 Gen 2 port on the rear panel, and it uses 12 phases for the CPU rather than 14. There’s still the same 2.5 gigabit Ethernet, still the same SupremeFX audio with dual amps.

This is why most people go for the cheaper B550-F (178 USD) or the B550-F WIFI (200 USD) instead of the B550-E (250 USD).

Reactions: phoenixfenyx
Apr 15, 2021
Edit: Updating version of my system

Processor: Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B550-E
RAM: G.skill 16GB(2*8) Trident Z Neo 3600mHz CL16
SSD: Samsung 1TB 980 Pro 6900MB-5000MB
Case: Cooler Master Master Box TD500
Power source: Corsair 750W RMx 80+ Gold
Graphic Card: Asus Geforce GT1030
Liquid Cooler: SilverStone PF360mm

If you guys have any comments about that, please say it :giggle:

Also I have a question about the motherboard. It seems that there is a usb problem between B550-X570 motherboards and Ryzen 5000 Series. Here it is. AMD says they fix the problem with the 1.2.0.1 and 1.2.0.2 patchs. Do you guys have any idea ?

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbr6zl/usb_issues_on_b550x570_motherboards/