[SOLVED] Help me buy a 144Hz Monitor for gaming

Aug 9, 2020
Found Out this form on the Forum.

BEFORE REPLYING TO MY THREAD JUST TELL ME --- AM I ASKING TOO MUCH AT THIS PRICE POINT?

1. What Is Your Country Of Origin?
-India

2. What do you plan to do with this monitor? (ex. Games, Movie Watching, Photo Editing, etc.)
-Mostly Gaming, a lil bit of Movie Watching too.

3. What resolution and screen size do you want?
-Judging by my PC build, a 1080p would do.

4. What refresh rate do you want? (ex. 60 Hz, 70 Hz.)
-I WANT nothing less nothing more than a 144Hz one.

5. How much are you looking to spend?
- 267 United States Dollar and under (Indian Rupees- 20k ). Nothing more, not even a single buck.

6. Brands Preferred (ex. Samsung, Acer, Asus, AOC, HP, Viewsonic, etc. )
-Again saying this, this is all new to me.

7. Brands Not Preferred (state reason why)
-Nothing as such, cuz this is my first build.

8. Are You Buying More Than One Monitor?
-No.

9. How Many Displays Can Your GPU Support Maximum? And what GPU and driver version are you using if applicable?
-I have no idea about that one, actually, can YOU guys help me out? I am planning to go for an RTX 2060.

10. What Port Do You Want To Connect To (ex. DVI-D, HDMI, etc).
HDMI and (not or) Display Port.
-For what I have little learned from YT vids and this forum is that to enable FREESYNC on NVIDIA's GPUs we need the Display Port. HDMI won't do

11. Is This Monitor A Primary Display Or A Secondary Display?
-Primary.

12. Is This A Secondary Display For A Laptop?
-No.

What more I am looking for-
  • 300/+ nits brightness
  • A TN panel (as it all I can afford at this price point.)
  • 24 or more inches display.
  • I don't like thick side Bezels. IDK why?

Thats all what I desire.

To every1 out there replying...THANKS A TON.

Solution
Cheap VA matrix while still having superior black/white properties suffers from streak/trail issues. That issue is greatly reduced to a non noticable factor in pricier monitors however with budget AOC it's quite noticable. Most ppl are happy with it but there is quite a bunch that report clouding and dead pixels so there is a possibility you will get the particulary bad one and will have to replace it on warranty.
Personaly I'd advise you go for the iiyama (I currently own iiyama G-Master Gold Phoenix GB2888UHSU-B1 and am quite happy with it minus the tad annoying buttons on bottom side of the frame) or alternatively LG/Acer if you prefer IPS, .

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I'd say u're demanding rather than asking for too much, as long as you're happy with barely fitting the budget and staying in 1080p res.

iiyama G-Master Red Eagle GB2560HSU-B1 24ish inch good choice but TN.
AOC C24G1 24ish inch decent but curved, VA matrix and sadly brightness at 250.
MSI Optix MAG241CV 24ish another curved VA, better brightness than AOC but also a bit heavier on the price.
LG UltraGear 27GL650F-B 27 inch IPS along with one below only half decents I could find.
Acer Nitro VG272Pbmiipx (UM.HV2EE.P04) the other decent 27 inch IPS.

Last edited:

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Cheap VA matrix while still having superior black/white properties suffers from streak/trail issues. That issue is greatly reduced to a non noticable factor in pricier monitors however with budget AOC it's quite noticable. Most ppl are happy with it but there is quite a bunch that report clouding and dead pixels so there is a possibility you will get the particulary bad one and will have to replace it on warranty.
Personaly I'd advise you go for the iiyama (I currently own iiyama G-Master Gold Phoenix GB2888UHSU-B1 and am quite happy with it minus the tad annoying buttons on bottom side of the frame) or alternatively LG/Acer if you prefer IPS, .

Solution

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
200+ views, still 1 reply. Requesting all viewers ----HELP ME!!!!!
Would really appreciate if some1 shares his views on the AOC 24 inch IPS 144 hz Monitor..

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY Y'LL

i have one of these and love it. out of the box it is actually too bright and it needs to be turned down. but overall it's a good monitor especially for the $145 i paid for it. i recommend it wholeheartedly, for a budget monitor. i have no problems reaching 144 hz with dp hooked up. you do need display port for freesync but it works fine for me with a gtx 1650 super. no clue what it costs where you are but it's a solid buy on the budget end.