help me buy a new ram

Sai Harsha K

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
well my old ram is not working so i need a new one, please say what information more i need before buying a new one

what i know about my old one:DDR2,U-DIMM,667hz.
i need a new one only to replace this(1 or 2 gb).

Solution
sd-ram is fine, the important part is that it is ddr-2 800, that it is 1.8V, NOT ECC (this is server ram) and is a decent name brand ram.

What is a vendor webiste form your country?

Sai Harsha K

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014

What do you want to know of my motherboard please say so that I can post the required information

Adroid

Distinguished
The easiest thing is you find the model number, go to the manufacturer website, and look for compatible RAM. It's typical that motherboard manufacturers list compatible RAM with their products.

What makes you think RAM is bad?

Since you computer does not work you will need to manually get us the information.

If it is laptop need to know what the make (dell, hp, lenovo, etc) it is and the exact model number

If desktop open up the case and find the manufacturer (asus, gigabyte, foxconn, etc) and the model number of the motherboard

If desktop is an OEM one (brand name like dell, hp, etc) then the manufacturer and model number might be enough to find your motherboard model.

Sai Harsha K

Reputable
Apr 22, 2014
Well, my motherboard is gigabite. Model - GA-G31M-S2L.

Supports Intel core duo
Intel g31 express chipset
Fsb 1333
Dual channel DDR2 800
Intel GMA3100

Can you search which Ram is compatible?

You can get list of supported memory from here.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2693#

Then just select memory support list and download.

You should be good with almost any ddr-2 800 ram, but try to find one from that list. Unfortunatly ddr-2 is going to be a little more costly then the newer ddr-3 ram because it is older. (and no you can not use ddr-3 ram, the slots are physically different).

A lot of the memory on eBay is this double density no brand crap that wont work on your computer and they hide that info in the small print hoping you wont read it.

You need to get a model that is on the list from the link i sent you. Should be name brand like crucial, kingston, gskill, corsair, etc. I know the ebay crap is cheaper, but its not cheaper in the long run if it doesnt work at all or stops working in a couple weeks.

TRENDING THREADS