Help me buy CPU

damir97

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Hello guys im new here and i want to buy new cpu asap , so my current build is : gtx 1050 ti , i3 2100 , 6 gb ram.
i got GPU like 1 month ago and im so happy , but the cpu cant handle it (botleneck), so could you tell me wich cpu for 150-250 $ should i buy?

no need to be paried with gpu currenly because i may replace it in future with gtx 1070... i hope somone can help me...

sorry for bad english :)

Solution
Judging by your current CPU, an i5 2400 should work for you, unless for some reason your motherboard is of subpar quality.

I will point out that a 1070 is worth more than your entire computer, so perhaps you would be better off in the long run by building a new DDR4 oriented system first. Then after that, look into buying a videocard. Money spent on another Sandy Bridge CPU now is money that might have been spent on more relevant tech. Try to remember that simply adding the fastest videocard you can afford will not fix all performance issues. Some issues are due to the technology being outdated and no videocard will fix that.
Judging by your current CPU, an i5 2400 should work for you, unless for some reason your motherboard is of subpar quality.

I will point out that a 1070 is worth more than your entire computer, so perhaps you would be better off in the long run by building a new DDR4 oriented system first. Then after that, look into buying a videocard. Money spent on another Sandy Bridge CPU now is money that might have been spent on more relevant tech. Try to remember that simply adding the fastest videocard you can afford will not fix all performance issues. Some issues are due to the technology being outdated and no videocard will fix that.

Solution