Question help me choose 240mm AIO

AloyDeo

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
i want to upgrade from my 120mm radiator to 240mm, but i didn't know which one is better
i have option that are : DeepCool Castle 240mm RGB v2, thermaltake TH240, Enermax Liqmax III 240 argb, Masterliquid 240 R, MSI MAG coreliquid 240r

AloyDeo

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
Why do you need to upgrade?
What is the make/model of your case, and what is inside that you need to cool?
Is budget an issue?
my case is Cube Gaming Kelvva mini tower case,i need to cool my ryzen 5 2600, my budget is less than $130 usd

You case is fine and good for air cooling.
What is your temperature at idle, and at load.
I think you are likely wasting your money, the 2600 is not a hot processor, the stock cooler should suffice.
For less than that $130, you can buy a nice tower type air cooler that will be equally efficient, quieter, and will not leak.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
nice tower type air cooler that will be equally efficient, quieter, and will not leak.
Only right on the first part. The last 2 are questionable at best since new aios are quite often quieter overall vrs just about anything but a beQuiet or Noctua aircooler, and I can guarantee that aircoolers can and do leak too. You make it sound like it's a fact that the AIO Will leak. Better definitely warn ppl to absolutely Never consider a custom loop, because the chances of a custom loop leaking are multiple factors higher than the possibility of an AIO ever leaking.

@AloyDeo
The question is Why the move to a 240mm AIO vs the 120mm you have now? Ryzens do not behave the same way as Intel, temps are different, so what you might be used to seeing or think is wrong, may not be the case. It might be simpler and cheaper to just add an RGB fan, or better yet an RGB Strip to your case, than go to the expense of a full swap.

Aircooling is not always cheaper than aios either, most ppl tend to forget (or conveniently ignore) that the case is short on fans, and rgb (especially ARGB) fans of any decent quality are not cheap.

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($89.95 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB 59 CFM 120 mm Fan ($21.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R ARGB 59 CFM 120 mm Fan ($21.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $133.93

Last edited: