[SOLVED] Help me choose a cooler for my AMD Ryzen 3500 - No overclocking

Conqu3rer

Reputable
Sep 30, 2015
Hello guys, my budget is around $40 (INR 3000). I am looking for a cooler to replace my stock AMD Wraith Stealth Cooler. I don't overclock, but I do play Games (WoW, Overwatch at Ultra settings on 1080p @ 75Hz). My ambient room temperature is about 20-30 degrees in Winter, 30-40 degrees in Summer.

Here are my options so far:

Antec A400 RGB
Cooler Master Hyper 212
Thermaltake UX200 5V ARGB
Aerocool Cyclon 4 (Personally like the looks of this, but not sure about it's performance).

Which of these is the best performer? If any other options are there in that price range, please let me know.

Thanks!

Solution
Ok, maybe this is a dumb question... Why are you changing the stock cooler? Is there something wrong with it / are you overheating or getting temperature warnings?

I ask because the stock cooler is fine for stock settings and if you are having no problems I see no reason to upgrade.. unless you have other plans.

All of them will cool a Ryzen 3500 well, more then adequate. If looks are an important factor, just pick the one you like the best. They are all 120mm, 4 heatpipe design with direct contact heatpipes and your Ryzen 3500 is a 65w tdp cpu so they will all do well especially at stock cpu settings.

The Hyper212 has long been considered one of the best bang for your buck air coolers. The TT and AeroCool have aRGB (addressible...
According to papers, the Antec A400 shouldn't that bad.

I can't tell anything else because I never deal with any of those, and there aren't many good reviews out there of this product.

The Hyper 212 on the other hand has been around since ... I dont know, more than 12 years now, soo its a well known product.

TheNorm

Reputable
Mar 2, 2016
Ok, maybe this is a dumb question... Why are you changing the stock cooler? Is there something wrong with it / are you overheating or getting temperature warnings?

I ask because the stock cooler is fine for stock settings and if you are having no problems I see no reason to upgrade.. unless you have other plans.

All of them will cool a Ryzen 3500 well, more then adequate. If looks are an important factor, just pick the one you like the best. They are all 120mm, 4 heatpipe design with direct contact heatpipes and your Ryzen 3500 is a 65w tdp cpu so they will all do well especially at stock cpu settings.

The Hyper212 has long been considered one of the best bang for your buck air coolers. The TT and AeroCool have aRGB (addressible RGB) that you can control with most modern motherboards. The Antec A400 is RGB but its misleading, the fan is RGB. The Antec looks overpriced and its amazon rating is not very good. The AeroCool is the least known, but the design is the same and it's really hard to mess up a air cooler. It also looks like the AeroCool maybe a UK company (not sure) but there is no free shipping with that one.

I hope that helps .. :) If looks are your main thing, pick the one that looks cool to you. If you just want a good, inexpensive upgrade go with the Hyper212. The deepcool is a good, inexpensive option too.

good luck!

Solution

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
  1. What is the space clearance in your case for a cpu cooler. Pointless to shop for coolers without that measurement.
  2. Why cheap coolers? The choices are barely better than the stock cooler, in a few all you are doing is changing the looks.

Antec and Aerocool are mediocre, the hyper212 is the best of the bunch (but not by much) the TT is all looks and no performance.