Help me choose a laptop!

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I am considering to buy a laptop with an i5-8250U or i7-8550U ...

I want the laptop to be easily repairable, fast, silent and have the best cooling which will last long...

My Budget is under 1000CDN with tax and everything....

is it model dependent or brand dependent ? if it is brand dependent, which brand would you recommend ?

right now I am considering a Thinkpad E480 or an HP 14-cf0008ca or a DELL inspiron 7573/7472...

I want the laptop to have a 2.5" and M.2 connector with RAM upgradable to 16GB(Two slots)...

If you know a good laptop in the price range...please recommend it...

Many Thanks

Solution
They all pretty much use the same core internal components, so buy based on price and warranty with similar speced out laptops. That said, their keyboards can be different in feel. This is why I recommend checking out various models on display in a retail store before buying. Also watch for display resolution differences. For example HP might have a 1600x900 17.3" display and Dell in the same price range only a 15" 1360x768 display. Also speaking of display, some might have a glossy screen and others a matte anti-glare screen. I prefer the glossy screen because it makes the colors pop more.
They all pretty much use the same core internal components, so buy based on price and warranty with similar speced out laptops. That said, their keyboards can be different in feel. This is why I recommend checking out various models on display in a retail store before buying. Also watch for display resolution differences. For example HP might have a 1600x900 17.3" display and Dell in the same price range only a 15" 1360x768 display. Also speaking of display, some might have a glossy screen and others a matte anti-glare screen. I prefer the glossy screen because it makes the colors pop more.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.