[SOLVED] Help me choose a monitor for PC and PS5 Gaming

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
I have a 32 inch Viotek monitor which wasn't super excited about when I received a couple years ago. I have built a new pc since then with a 5600x and RTX3060TI and also using the monitor for ps5 gaming. I do game more now than I did before so a slightly above average gaming. I am currently looking at:

ASUS Republic of Gamers Swift PG329Q 32
Samsung Odyssey G7 31.5

If anyone has any recommendations about what monitor to look at even outside of these two?

Solution
Are you actually LOOKING to spend that kind of money? Because if not, I can tell you for certain (And don't just take my word for it) that for the money these LG panels (And more than just this one specifically, as LG has increasingly been in the front of the pack when it comes to superior displays) are very hard to beat. Can also verify it works 100% with G-sync.

You can currently get one at B&H for under 300 bucks, which is an outstanding deal on a really decent display. I have three, and all three have performed flawlessly. I know a number of others around here who have one or more of them as well and have been equally happy. Even if you aren't interested in this specific...
Are you actually LOOKING to spend that kind of money? Because if not, I can tell you for certain (And don't just take my word for it) that for the money these LG panels (And more than just this one specifically, as LG has increasingly been in the front of the pack when it comes to superior displays) are very hard to beat. Can also verify it works 100% with G-sync.

You can currently get one at B&H for under 300 bucks, which is an outstanding deal on a really decent display. I have three, and all three have performed flawlessly. I know a number of others around here who have one or more of them as well and have been equally happy. Even if you aren't interested in this specific model I'd highly recommend taking a look at some of the other LG panels and looking at professional reviews of them at places like techspot and Rtings.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1426796-REG/lg_32gk650f_b_32_class_qhd_gaming.html

Solution
Yeah, didn't even think about the PS5 resolution. That definitely puts a damper on things because the way these things scale, 1440p displays just don't look right at either of those resolutions. So if you must have it be a good fit for the PS5 you probably want to only target 1080p or 4k. And at that size of screen, 1080p is IMO a rabid "no go".

Shoot3rmcgavin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah 1080p is definitely not an option. I know for sure when more 4K monitors with high refresh rates come out the will be in the $1000 neck of the woods and that just is outrageous.

And therein lies the problem for most people.

Another option, although perhaps not the greatest option out there, is to simply use a much less expensive 4k TV that has HDMI. Certainly there are some things, like text, that won't look as good but if you primarily use this for watching videos, movies and gaming, then it might still be a viable alternative. I know of many who've done so and are mostly satisfied with it.

Refresh rates are a different story though, and I agree that the PS5 not having 1440p support like other consoles is simply ridiculous. It's BS to be honest. But, this is just one among many reasons why I prefer PC gaming to consoles.

TRENDING THREADS