[SOLVED] Help me choose a new GPU

Peaco91

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
Hi all,

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/WvNjBZ

So I've had the above setup for some time. My GPU has finally decided to give up, after me trying to stretch it out for as long as possible.

I want to replace my GPU and whilst doing so replace my motherboard. Choosing a GPU I just find myself going round in circles for hours looking at all the different variations of cards and options.

I play most new games i.e. Modern Warfare, Apex, Battlefield etc. and would like something that I would be able to bump my settings back up to high on these games, which I've struggled to do so with similar games over the last couple of years.

I have an additional 4gb stick of RAM that I had due to one stick going faulty so a total of 12gb RAM.

I'm open to replacing my CPU at some point (6 months or so time) if needed and if anything else needs upgrading, PSU etc to cope my new GPU then all suggestions are welcome!

I don't want to spend crazy amounts of money if it wouldn't really be worth it, but at the same time I'm open to trying to future proof my setup.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Solution
that depends on the setting you play your games on. if your sticking to high settings 1080p a single 1070 would be more than enough. if your going for 4k the new 2080 super is the best option, but still doesnt run max settings 60fps for all games. plus your cpu wouldnt support the 2080, you would have to upgrade them both. cpu to at least an i7 to avoid bottle necking.
Feb 10, 2020
that depends on the setting you play your games on. if your sticking to high settings 1080p a single 1070 would be more than enough. if your going for 4k the new 2080 super is the best option, but still doesnt run max settings 60fps for all games. plus your cpu wouldnt support the 2080, you would have to upgrade them both. cpu to at least an i7 to avoid bottle necking.

Reactions: chiquito3
Solution