Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hey guys, so my current build would be:

Ryzen 2200g
B450m motherboard
8gb Ballistix Sport Ram
1060 GPU
I also have 2 HDDs and 1 SSD

Given these specs, I plan on replacing my current Korean PSU since it's a hazard as most people would say here, so what would be the best for value and quality here in my choices? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rave is the only available PSU here, sadly.
https://shopee.ph/Aerocool-Rave-PSU-80-600W-800W-Power-Supply-i.62858530.1369526293
500w - 1980php
600w - 3140php
800w - 3835php

-1499php

-2350php

https://shopee.ph/Deepcool-DE-500-V2-i.68666145.1482817006
-1595php

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...4l.searchlist.list.11.70ee3c23igUWzV&search=1
-2495php

https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/...o4l.searchlist.list.9.70ee3c23igUWzV&search=1
-3095php

*I'm not sure about their wattage but basing off the description they are 500w and 600w respectively

Last edited:

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
All the corsair power supplies you included are low quality power supplies, not recommended at all.
You should go with SeaSonic focus plus gold, its not there but you should consider it, or evga supernova g2 way better.
thermaltake one doesn't seem that good to be honest.
and not sure about cooler master ones either.
Rest of the power supplies "brands" i have never heard of.

Out of those option I'd say
  1. Corsair VS650
  2. SeaSonic Evo 520W
(I believe the person above has not realised the VS series has been refreshed with new units and is now a fairly decent budget series. The updated units can be recognised from their silver labels as opposed to the old yellow ones)

Reactions: TJ Hooker

iMatty

Honorable
Mar 14, 2019
Why not just save up for a better power supply instead of going with "BUDGET" there is nothing such as budget for a power supply,
And when the OP comes back after few months with a blown computer because of a "BUDGET" power supply he bought, you are more than welcome to help.

1. Corsair VS650
  2. SeaSonic Evo 520W
(I believe the person above has not realised the VS series has been refreshed with new units and is now a fairly decent budget series. The updated units can be recognised from their silver labels as opposed to the old yellow ones)
I thought the VS grey units were considered just as bad as the orange ones? They're one tier lower than the S12II's, which is certainly borderline trash...

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
All the corsair power supplies you included are low quality power supplies, not recommended at all.
You should go with SeaSonic focus plus gold, its not there but you should consider it, or evga supernova g2 way better.
thermaltake one doesn't seem that good to be honest.
and not sure about cooler master ones either.
Rest of the power supplies "brands" i have never heard of.
Those are the only ones available here in the Philippines hehe

1. Corsair VS650
  2. SeaSonic Evo 520W

I've heard good and bad reviews from the VS series so I dunno.
What do you think of the FSP Aurum Gold?

Why not just save up for a better power supply instead of going with "BUDGET" there is nothing such as budget for a power supply,
And when the OP comes back after few months with a blown computer because of a "BUDGET" power supply he bought, you are more than welcome to help.
I'm on a really tight budget so yea. I just need it to run my rig and keep it safe I guess. Dunno actually.

I thought the VS grey units were considered just as bad as the orange ones? They're one tier lower than the S12II's, which is certainly borderline trash...
What can you recommend form the lot? I actually added more PSUs...
What do you think of the FSP Aurum one?

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Exactly, thats why i said they're really bad quality but apparently the person above knows even more than us.
thats why i recommended the evga supernova g2 or seasonic focus gold.
Unfortunately the supernova G2 isn't available for me and the Seasonic Focus Gold seems to be not reachable at the moment for my budget...

According to me, both the SeaSonic units are feasible options since they aren't crappy power supplies, at least I don't think they're as bad as the VS grey units, and they're fairly reliable. So get the M12II, 520W is fine. And I wasn't exactly agreeing with you, iMatty, I think the Seasonic M12II Evo is fine, the recommendations you listed seemed at little too 'out there', especially considering that the OP obviously is on a budget here. You can't recommend a $70 unit if the OP is looking for/can afford only $40 units...

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
According to me, both the SeaSonic units are feasible options since they aren't crappy power supplies, at least I don't think they're as bad as the VS grey units, and they're fairly reliable. So get the M12II, 520W is fine. And I wasn't exactly agreeing with you, iMatty, I think the Seasonic M12II Evo is fine, the recommendations you listed seemed at little too 'out there', especially considering that the OP obviously is on a budget here. You can't recommend a $70 unit if the OP is looking for/can afford only $40 units...
Well my budget is basically until 60$ or so but those are what's available to me here in the Philippines and mind you, PSU prices are inflated here. Like the Aerocool Rave ad Thermaltake PSUs, although crap, are sold as gaming PSUs here and are seen as premium PSUs for some reason

Well my budget is basically until 60$ or so but those are what's available to me here in the Philippines and mind you, PSU prices are inflated here. Like the Aerocool Rave ad Thermaltake PSUs, although crap, are sold as gaming PSUs here and are seen as premium PSUs for some reason
Yeah so, like I said, go with the M12II Evo, it's okay for your build, and I don't think there's a better option from the ones you've listed.

I checked the FSP, and the FSP Aurum CM one, that costs 2553, is better than the M12II. The Aurum S is either same in quality as the S12II/M12II, or it isn't present on the PSU Tier List, I can't say for sure. If you want Gold certification(not necessary), then buy the Aurum CM.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
I checked the FSP, and the FSP Aurum CM one, that costs 2553, is better than the M12II. The Aurum S is either same in quality as the S12II/M12II, or it isn't present on the PSU Tier List, I can't say for sure. If you want Gold certification(not necessary), then buy the Aurum CM.
The Aurum S is actually a pretty old model. It's being sold for cheap here for some reason. That's why I'm really considering it. It seems to be the cheapest but has the best certification out of the bunch.

Like I said, can't comment on its quality because it's either not present on the PSU Tier List or it's the same quality as the M12II - even with the higher certification. You'll save a few watts per month, not worth the risk if it turns out to be poor quality(although not a lot of Gold certified units are bad quality, but you never know).

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Like I said, can't comment on its quality because it's either not present on the PSU Tier List or it's the same quality as the M12II - even with the higher certification. You'll save a few watts per month, not worth the risk if it turns out to be poor quality(although not a lot of Gold certified units are bad quality, but you never know).
Hm... What can you comment on the other PSUs on the list such as the Deepcool or Cooler Master or Thermaltake ones? Zalman, Raidmax, and Silverstone also seem to have cheap PSUs but I need an opinion on their quality.

Pretty much all other options are crappy(barring a few). Deepcool, Zalman, Raidmax all make bad units majorly and shouldn't be trusted at all, whether expensive units or cheaper ones(at least considering their current units). Cooler Master's MWE is okay quality, I've never heard of the Extreme 2 from Cooler Master, and the Elite units should be avoided.

Thermaltake's Smart and LitePower should also be avoided, at least the ones you have listed here. I've never heard of the ToughPower GX1 either, and Toughpower has a lot of subdivisions as well, some of which are good, and some are bad. So again, it's risky buying such an expensive PSU without knowing if it's good quality or not.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Pretty much all other options are crappy(barring a few). Deepcool, Zalman, Raidmax all make bad units majorly and shouldn't be trusted at all, whether expensive units or cheaper ones(at least considering their current units). Cooler Master's MWE is okay quality, I've never heard of the Extreme 2 from Cooler Master, and the Elite units should be avoided.

Thermaltake's Smart and LitePower should also be avoided, at least the ones you have listed here. I've never heard of the ToughPower GX1 either, and Toughpower has a lot of subdivisions as well, some of which are good, and some are bad. So again, it's risky buying such an expensive PSU without knowing if it's good quality or not.

Damn, I'm really honored to be talking with people more knowledgeable than me regarding these topics...
Actually, Deepcool and Raidmax are common "quality" PSUs here in the Philippines. Ugh.

Thermaltake's Smart RGB is marketed here as an expensive top of the line gaming PSU, maybe for the RGB factor?

What can you say about the Aerocool Rave ones? They're also marketed as gaming PSUs here...

Damn, I'm really honored to be talking with people more knowledgeable than me regarding these topics...
Actually, Deepcool and Raidmax are common "quality" PSUs here in the Philippines. Ugh.

Thermaltake's Smart RGB is marketed here as an expensive top of the line gaming PSU, maybe for the RGB factor?

What can you say about the Aerocool Rave ones? They're also marketed as gaming PSUs here...

Don't even need to answer that: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nd-aerocool-rave-500w-for-gaming-psu.3211707/

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Hmm all things considered, I guess it's good.

Whoa that article makes me wonder why do people hate the corsair?

Because the Corsair VSs that we see widely in less developed economies tend to be the older ones, still hanging around. The 85-degree Teapos aren't great or anything, but they're a fair jump better than the mix on the older Corsair VS PSUs, stuff like Jun Fu.

Even four years later, you still see some of the old green CX PSUs sold in less wealthy areas.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Because the Corsair VSs that we see widely in less developed economies tend to be the older ones, still hanging around. The 85-degree Teapos aren't great or anything, but they're a fair jump better than the mix on the older Corsair VS PSUs, stuff like Jun Fu.

Even four years later, you still see some of the old green CX PSUs sold in less wealthy areas.
They still sell the green CX ones here!!! Damn..
What do you recommend I get from the list, sir?