Question Help me choose compatible parts with these specs please

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
I posted a thread about an issue I was having with a new system build the other day and it looks like my issue is that a customer ordered a motherboard and cpu and the motherboard doesn’t work with that cpu (a Ryzen 3600) out of the box unless it is flashed. I have no other cpu to flash it with at the moment, so we were going to order a compatible motherboard and an amd 1xxx or 2xxx cpu. We are going to try to use the new cpu to flash his existing motherboard and then if it work, we will reinstall his existing cpu and then use the new motherboard and the 1xxx or 2xxx cpu to build a system which we will keep. In the event that this does not work for some reason, we will install the new motherboard with his Ryzen 3600 and then use his motherboard to build a new system with the 1xxx or 2xxx cpu.

I need help choosing a motherboard and cpu that will work for this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The only other requirement is that the motherboard we order should take ddr4 Ram which I’m thinking it should, but it’s been ages since I built or worked on one of these like this.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Based off of this thread:
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...3200mhz-16gb-ram-are-these-compatible.3551552

If you still have the ASRock 450M board, which series is it? You should still be able to drop in an AMD Ryzen 1000/2000 series processor without much hassle. I would however ask you to replace the PSU since this unit, https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/solytech-sl-8600eps-600-watt-psu-review,1.html is more than inappropriate for the build in 2019.

If you're asking for a motherbaord suggestion for the Ryzen 5 3600, then pick out either the B450 Max series of boards from MSI or the -F series of boards from ASRock. You might also want to look at the B450M Steel Legend from ASRock.

You didn't mention where you'r located and how much your build's budget is going to be like.

heweaver

Reputable
Dec 4, 2019
The budget won't be too much of an issue... Our goal is to find out exactly why the customers pic isn't booting and hopefully replace one component for him... The rest we will build and keep. I will go ahead and order a power supply too and try it first... Then if that falls we will try to flash their bus with an older ryzen CPU.

Could someone tell me an exact model of aryzen 1000 or 2000 series CPU that should work for our purposes? I'm just afraid I'll get something that is somehow not compatible with his existing motherboard just incase we do have to flash his current one to work.

Thanks!

g-unit1111

Titan
The budget won't be too much of an issue... Our goal is to find out exactly why the customers pic isn't booting and hopefully replace one component for him... The rest we will build and keep. I will go ahead and order a power supply too and try it first... Then if that falls we will try to flash their bus with an older ryzen CPU.

Could someone tell me an exact model of aryzen 1000 or 2000 series CPU that should work for our purposes? I'm just afraid I'll get something that is somehow not compatible with his existing motherboard just incase we do have to flash his current one to work.

Thanks!

What are the full specs of the build? What's the current motherboard? PSU? RAM?