[SOLVED] Help me choose one of these Power supplies

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
I'm planning on upgrading my GPU into an ampere card pretty soon but I doubt that my old Thermaltake PSU will be able to keep up with it, So I have been searching online for a new one to buy that can fit into my budget, I was able to narrow down the list to only 4 power supplies and now Im having trouble deciding on which one to choose.

These are the power supplies

1-XPG Core Reactor 650W 80+ Gold

2-Gigabyte 750W 80+ Gold P750GM

3-Aorus P750W 80+ Gold

4-Deepcool DQ750ST 80+ Gold

All of them have pretty similar specs from what I can see besides the XPG core which has 100W less then the rest, all of them are nearly the same exact price so I can't use that to decide either so I need help from you guys with way more PC experience then me

Thanks, in advance and sorry if my grammar isn't that good, English isn't my native language.

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
Honestly, I would not choose any of them. What country, and what is the budget?

I'm from Egypt, My Budget is 1900EGP so around 120$, prices might be cheaper or more expensive here not really sure, also not all products are available here, for example EVGA products are nearly non existant in Egypt

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
How about Corsair TXM series? Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro? Seasonic Focus Gold?

There's the Corsair TX650M for slightly above my budget but not much of a problem but it being only 650W for slightly more kinda turned me away from it since I can get 750Ws for cheaper but if you think its worth it then I'll consider it as my main option

Antec Earthwatts doesn't seem to be available here either and for Seasonic only there high-end PSU's seem to be available here nothing in the range of my budget

Mazen146

Reputable
Apr 16, 2020
What ampere card are you looking to go with?

I'm planning on getting the 3070, if a Ti/Super variant of it is announced in the next two months I might go for that instead.

from what I'm seeing from reviews and PSU tiers lists ( not sure how reliable they are) it seems like The Aorus P750W and the XPG seem to be the most will reviewed out of the 4, the XPG seems to have the higher quality but the Aorus one has 100W more, do you think the more Watts are worth it over higher quality?

or should I go with the Corsair one you mentioned earlier although it's slightly above my budget?

What is the make/model of your current psu?
It has at least one advantage in that it has presumably been running ok for you.
No telling what a cheap psu might do.
3070 specs say a 8 pin power adapter that is found on a decent 650w psu will be needed.

Some factory overclocked 3070 cards will need more power; I would avoid them.

Consider a quality psu as a long term investment.
Buy a top quality psu stronger than you need today and it will serve you well for a future graphics upgrade.

Did you consider this when you originally bought your current psu?
Do not make the same mistake again.