Question Help me choose the best build

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
  1. Aftermarket cooler is not needed with the Ryzen cpus and if you want to overclock, you'll want something beefier than that.
  2. The MX500 M.2 at 84€ is somewhat overpriced. I chose the P1 because 1, it's NVMe (faster) 2, it has better gb per € than many other SSDs.
  3. Toshiba HDDs overall are not very good, loud and unreliable.
  4. The RTX 2070 is a very bad gpu for it's price, it only performs 15-20% better than the RTX 2060 which generally is around 150€ cheaper, furthermore there's the Vega 56 which costs even less and outperforms it.

1. If you are not going to overclock (it's not that hard), then you should get the x version (already factory overclocked) of whichever CPU you choose.

2. Both SSD's are good. The P1 uses QLC memory (not so good) and has lower endurance (i.e. predicted lifespan) when the sizes are equal (here they are not), but is a little faster for common workloads as long as it's not filled near capacity. Boot times and loading games is where you will see the benefit. Boot times will be similar to game loads as shown below:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDksFWJ2H8[/URL]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDksFWJ2H8[/URL]

3. Perhaps the Toshiba is not ideal. I really can't say. Prefer Western Digital, but Seagate is good too. You've left him with only one storage device. You didn't give him a Barracuda drive. So now if his C-drive gets corrupted, he will lose all his photos, videos, documents, etc. if he has to re-format and reinstall the operating system. For any system that is not super budget, you should have at least two separate drives, one for opeating system and programs, and the other for data.

4. The RTX 2070 is an excellent GPU. 15-20% is a significant difference. The Vega 56 does not out perform it!

The one i suggested has higher resolution with lower refreshrate which mostly comes from my own preference, since using a low resolution display gives me a headache after a while.

Sorry, i didn't realize that you had switched to a 1440P monitor. You will get a higher resolution, but with a TN panel, poorer color and contrast, and of course, the lower refresh rate. Either could be a viable option. The OP will have to decide what he values the most.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuA2D4YjmUg[/URL]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuA2D4YjmUg[/URL]

Apr 19, 2019
1. If you are not going to overclock (it's not that hard), then you should get the x version (already factory overclocked) of whichever CPU you choose.

2. Both SSD's are good. The P1 uses QLC memory (not so good) and has lower endurance (i.e. predicted lifespan) when the sizes are equal (here they are not), but is a little faster for common workloads as long as it's not filled near capacity. Boot times and loading games is where you will see the benefit. Boot times will be similar to game loads as shown below:

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDksFWJ2H8[/URL]"]www.youtube.com/watch?v=voDksFWJ2H8[/URL]

3. Perhaps the Toshiba is not ideal. I really can't say. Prefer Western Digital, but Seagate is good too. You've left him with only one storage device. You didn't give him a Barracuda drive. So now if his C-drive gets corrupted, he will lose all his photos, videos, documents, etc. if he has to re-format and reinstall the operating system. For any system that is not super budget, you should have at least two separate drives, one for opeating system and programs, and the other for data.

4. The RTX 2070 is an excellent GPU. 15-20% is a significant difference. The Vega 56 does not out perform it!
Well I still will think about the 2070 its price rises yesterday by 100€

1, I agree but the 2700X costs 100€ more which makes the 2700 much better value for money.
4, I didn't say Vega 56 would outperform it, just that it would beat the 2060 for less money and come close to the 2070 with some tweaking.
The RTX 2070 still is very overpriced for what it is.