Discussion [Help me choose which monitor to get] ><

willifer707

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
I've been searching, and sorry in advance for double posting. I realize I made a thread about this, however I didn't want to revive it. I've picked out these monitors so far. Main spec's I am looking into are: 1440p | IPS | G-Sync | 144hz (or more) | HDR. | 27inch.

Upgrading From:
ASUS VG248QE

Monitors in question:
ASUS TUF Gaming VG27AQL1A
LG 27GL850-B
Samsung G7 * I'm unsure about the G7. I never had a curved monitor before.
AORUS FI27Q-X
AORUS FI27Q or AORUS FI27Q-P?

I'll be upgrading my GPU to a 3080 when they become available. I've like to upgrade from a 1080p to a 1440p.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Last edited:

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
if your going to get a good gpu, it might be a good idea to get a monitor with a higher resolution.

On your current list, i would choose the lg one. I have the 1080p version, and its really nice. The only thing its lacking is color quality, but i doubt you will notice it unless you were in a dark place.

willifer707

Honorable
Dec 3, 2017
if your going to get a good gpu, it might be a good idea to get a monitor with a higher resolution.

On your current list, i would choose the lg one. I have the 1080p version, and its really nice. The only thing its lacking is color quality, but i doubt you will notice it unless you were in a dark place.
Thanks for getting back to me. About the 4k. I do have a LG OLED CX tv. So I was thinking, if I wanted to do 4K games, i'd hook it up to my tv and play on that, while I can do 1440p gaming on a 1440p monitor. I'm not so sure about doing 4k gaming on a monitor while having a 4k tv for it. So it's kinda confusing decision. & if I had to pick between 4k for higher resolution or 1440p (An upgrade from 1080p) for more fps with maybe a bit of resolution benefit. Then i'd prob choose having more fps. & just stick with 4k on the tv.

Still unsure though.