Hey Guys, please help me choose:

9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-9700F 8 Core Processor 3.0GHz
16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
8GB NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 SUPER™ Graphics
VS
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X (3.7GHz) Eight-Core
16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6

The AMD option is also $300 cheaper. I need this PC for engineering software, 3D rendering, and gaming.
Thank you!

Solution
In regular usage, no. Differences in performance at the high end appear at full load, when intensive applications are run. Some professionals pay a premium to accelerate their workload., though you would be better equipped than I to estimate how much your engineering usage would benefit.

Expressed as a fraction that difference in price is about 24 percent, but the intel system while faster is not 24 percent faster. A one time purchase may not relate exactly to something used over time of course

It seems to come down largely to how much extra performance is worth to your work. When professionals income depends partly on the performance of their pc, they can choose to think of the premium paid in terms of 'time needed for...
That particular ryzen chip being a generation behind the intel offering, the intel is the faster of the two CPUs by a modest margin of around 14 percent.

The vid cards are closer in performance, the 2060 about 9 percent better.

The first build does then have the better cpu and graphics chip. Are these pre-built options or is a custom build on the table?

May 31, 2020
That particular ryzen chip being a generation behind the intel offering, the intel is the faster of the two CPUs by a modest margin of around 14 percent.

The vid cards are closer in performance, the 2060 about 9 percent better.

The first build does then have the better cpu and graphics chip. Are these pre-built options or is a custom build on the table?
These are pre-built. I just was not sure if it's worth spending $300 more on the Intel one. The AMD costs about $950 and Intel $1250. I don't know if the difference in performance will be noticeable.

In regular usage, no. Differences in performance at the high end appear at full load, when intensive applications are run. Some professionals pay a premium to accelerate their workload., though you would be better equipped than I to estimate how much your engineering usage would benefit.

Expressed as a fraction that difference in price is about 24 percent, but the intel system while faster is not 24 percent faster. A one time purchase may not relate exactly to something used over time of course

It seems to come down largely to how much extra performance is worth to your work. When professionals income depends partly on the performance of their pc, they can choose to think of the premium paid in terms of 'time needed for the premium to pay itself back in extra earnings.'

Solution

It seems to come down largely to how much extra performance is worth to your work. When professionals income depends partly on the performance of their pc, they can choose to think of the premium paid in terms of 'time needed for the premium to pay itself back in extra earnings.'
Depends on optimisation. The 2700x is a lot faster in multithread if they're using the CPU to render.