Help me chose between these computers please.

Apr 29, 2018
Hey so I want to buy a prebuilded pc (I know I should't and it will be way more expensive but it's nothing I have control over so please don't mention that) and I can't really chose between two computers. The specs are:

//First PC// Intel Core I5-8400 Coffee Lake, Asrock Z370 PRO4, 8GB DDR4 3000MHz Adata XPG D10, EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5, 1TB 3.5" Seagate Barracuda,

//Second PC// AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (3.2 GHz 16MB), ASRock A320M-DGS, NVIDIA GTX1050Ti 4GB, 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz, 1TB 7200rpm, 120 GB SSD,

These are the specs. Please give your hones opinion and also "defend" your words. I will be playing on 1080p with modern games (GTA 5, Battlefield 1, Rainbow Six Siege etc.)

Solution
You got a link to these systems ??

I partly agree with aquielisunari , the 8400 on a gaming level is stronger.

However I personally disagree regarding the ssd & 16gb ram

For me those are big advantages , not so much on a gaming level but definitely on a general performance & future proofing level.

They stuck a fairly unnecessary & fairly over expensive z370 board in the intel build & a fairly low end & non overclockable a320 in the ryzen build.

Thats a fairly bad balancing decision by the builder themselves imo, if you were building your own you certainly wouldn't do that yourself.

Im inclined towards the ryzen personally , even with the a320 & stuck at stock speeds it's still going to run a 1050ti absolutely fine.

The intel...
First off I have to mention that which should not be mentioned. With GFX card price so high due to cryptocurrency(they have been coming down lately) pre-built PC's have actually gained value within the past year. Backwards but true.

1st one is my choice.

I game with a 1080 TI and only have 8GB RAM. What is the PC for? Only gaming? A little streaming? A lot of streaming, editing and rendering? I am not eeing 16GB RAM bringing much to a budget gaming build.

What does the SSD bring to the picture? If this is a gaming build you can fit not that many games on that drive with some games exceeding 50GB. It'll speed up Windows navigation, boot times, editing and other productivity tasks like content creation. Apart from that I see it as a waste. I have a 120GB SSD. I don't regret but I will be upgrading to a 500GB SSD. I recommend a 250GB or larger SSD for gamers.

The 8400 is better.

You got a link to these systems ??

I partly agree with aquielisunari , the 8400 on a gaming level is stronger.

However I personally disagree regarding the ssd & 16gb ram

For me those are big advantages , not so much on a gaming level but definitely on a general performance & future proofing level.

They stuck a fairly unnecessary & fairly over expensive z370 board in the intel build & a fairly low end & non overclockable a320 in the ryzen build.

Thats a fairly bad balancing decision by the builder themselves imo, if you were building your own you certainly wouldn't do that yourself.

Im inclined towards the ryzen personally , even with the a320 & stuck at stock speeds it's still going to run a 1050ti absolutely fine.

The intel build has more more expandability for addon cards etc with that full size board , the ryzen you pretty much have a single 4x PCI express slot spare - whether that bothers you or not is down to if you plan to add to the build in the future.

Solution