help me cool my cpu more

strea

Honorable
Jun 18, 2015
thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

ambient: 25c
idle: 45c
load: 75c

i7 5820k (stock ghz / stock voltage due to heat) in fractal r5 case
corsair h110i GTX cooler (push/pull intake from front bottom of case with stock h110i gtx fans and stock fractal fans)
gtx 980 ti HYBRID as exhaust (1 120mm)

my plan is to reapply thermal paste (arctic silver 5)
what else can i do to lower these temps?

should i replace the stock fractal fans?
should i add a fan somewhere?

i dont understand why my cpu is always running near 50c.
when i first had it built (6 months ago), it idled at 25c in the very same room and this was with a 4.3 ghz overclock and 1.3v. and i always have the heat on in the winter so the ambient was the same if not higher then.

feels bad that i put all this money into this pc and it's not "acting right" after only a few months. i cant even overclock without seeing 55c right when i start it up.

thanks all for your time.

Solution
no unless ya want it to stay hot all the time if ya diable those even on amd chips it can make it run at full clock all the time on some cpus.
ide rma your corsair h110i GTX cooler. if reaseating and the heat sink and reapllying thermal paste doesn't work .
also check or possible rma your cpu. and check and hope ya didn't damage your heat spreader on the cpu rwead a lot about the heat spreader failing or getting bent on a lot of intel cpu . and some the when from a solid heat spreader on the cpu to a hollow with some thermal grease of some sort in it.
so its either the raidiator or pump on your coller in bad or clogged or cpu issue.

scuzzycard

Honorable
Do you have C-states and speed step enabled? What type of load results in 75C? I'm leaning towards a weak or failing pump.

I have c-states and speed step disabled and my temps are the following on AIR:

ambient: 25C
idle: 35-40C
Games: 50-58C
Rendering: 64-68C
Asus Realbench stress test: 68-73C

5820K at 4.6GHz, 1.225V

wildcard1978

Reputable
Apr 15, 2015
no unless ya want it to stay hot all the time if ya diable those even on amd chips it can make it run at full clock all the time on some cpus.
ide rma your corsair h110i GTX cooler. if reaseating and the heat sink and reapllying thermal paste doesn't work .
also check or possible rma your cpu. and check and hope ya didn't damage your heat spreader on the cpu rwead a lot about the heat spreader failing or getting bent on a lot of intel cpu . and some the when from a solid heat spreader on the cpu to a hollow with some thermal grease of some sort in it.
so its either the raidiator or pump on your coller in bad or clogged or cpu issue.

Solution