[SOLVED] Help me de-brick my pc

Nov 2, 2020
Repost from reddit...

Pertinent Specs
Windows 10\Kingston A400 240GB
Motherboard Gigabyte 2370D3
And I forget but a seagate HDD for storage and games....

Anyways, I rarely post for help and rely on google for all my fixes, but my PC must have caught corona or something so I need some guidance. Also, yes I am a dumbass that doesn't back up or create restore points or anything remotely helpful for my future self.
I will admit my knowledge on a lot of stuff is very entry level in my opinion, but here is what I got.

My PC I built a couple years ago will no longer boot windows 10. I get a message to Reboot and Select Proper boot device or Insert Boot media. I have previously had this issue and, for whatever reason the BIOS order was out, flipped it to the SSD and everything was great. This was maybe 6 or more months ago. Tried it this time with no luck. Interestingly in BIOS the drive is listed as SATAFIRM S11, and yes I have done some googling on that as well, found some solutions but they sound like wipes or no solution at all...

Dug out and reinstalled my CD drive with the windows install disk, looked around under repair options but it basically won't let me perform any actions. I can look for a restore point and I can see files on the SSD, and so I went ahead and grabbed a cable from Best Buy and hooked it to my laptop, and best I can tell I can still access stuff and potentially start copying over important stuff.

The one solution I thought up, while I was at the store was grab another SSD (samsung this time) and tried to load windows to that thinking I could just copy everything over time but I don't think the install worked, and it won't let me try again as I believe the installed went ahead partitioned and did whatever else it needs too. I assume there is a way to fix/wipe the drive and try again or not...but not really worried about that right now...

Other quick fixes I tried cause I know they might come up
Cleared CMOS, Swapped SATA cables and ports (haven't pulled the GPU to try the ones under there yet), and the windows repair options the install disk gave me. Also checked bios settings but as far as I can tell nothing there is very helpful.

Let me know if this is the wrong place to post...

Thanks,

Solution
update the BIOS to the latest version

Is your motherboard the Z370P D3 (rev. 1.0) ?

Do you use a M.2 SSD or 2.5" SATA SSD?

unplug any SSD or HDD but the operating system´s SSD

use Microsoft´s media creation tool to get a bootable USB windows install media and try installing windows with that.

replace the cmos battery

use Microsoft´s media creation tool to get a bootable USB windows install media and try installing windows with that.

replace the cmos battery

Solution
Nov 2, 2020

replace the cmos battery

2.5, and yes it should be the Z370P. Not sure how I got a 2 there. I was going to try with a windows usb as well when I get home today.