Help me decide - Benq VA vs LG IPS

goran_10

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
Not having much experience when it comes to displays, I can't decide between these two. I will be using the display for movies/video and light gaming. I don't play FPS or any fast paced action games so response time is not such a big deal, I'm more interested in colors, contrast, viewing angles and overal picture quality. Note that the displays are on sale at roughly the same price where I'm from. Any kind of feedback is welcome, thanks in advance!

LG IPS 27'
https://www.amazon.com/LG-27MP38VQ-B-IPS-HDMI-Monitor/dp/B01FV8I4LW

BENQ VA 28'
https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GC2870H-1920x1080-Technology-Flicker-free/dp/B06XDSK4NN

Solution
if youre happy with the DPI then get the 28", as its bigger.
If you can afford a bit more id suggest a 32" 1440p. e.g. a top notch samsung is only $380 on amazon

fredfinks

Honorable
Look up difference in PVA & IPS. there are plus and minuses. both are good and the correct choice over a TN panel.
Unfortunately, some panels are better than others, regardless of IPS or VA.

The problem!: The monitors resolution at that size. At 1080p over 25" the DPI is low and you can start to see indiviudal pixels. For over 25" youd want 1440p. Unfortunately, if gaming, you need a powerful GPU. The Benq would look worse becasue of the lower DPI.

You should spend some time researching the monitors for colour reproduction, colour uniformity etc. Hopefully theres decent reviews from sites that have done calibration tests.

[Response times are overrated, unless we talking 20+ms, diff vs 1ms to 5ms is f-all. I doubt esports highest players of very fast games such as CS:GO, would notice. Just about any normal consumer pc monitor will do fine.]

goran_10

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
I can't find any professional reviews on them, that's why I'm asking here.

And I don't mind the 1080p on that screen size. I've seen it already and it looks fine to me (could be due to my poor vision lol).