help me decide between a pc and a ps4

dgameboy66

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
so ill be doing youtube and stuff my friends have ps4 so i decided ill buy a ps4 and a laptop for editing after a few months of buying a ps4. But now im very much confused which one to get a ps4 or gaming rig ps4 in my country costs about 600$ and most pc components cost about 80$ more than their original price. I hope you guys can help me with this issue
Thanks in advance

Solution
Get whichever platform where the majority of the games you want to play will be on, excluding multiplatform. That's throwing another sick into the fire. Or if you think you'll feel like a loner on one or the other and it will bother you, then follow your friends? :spamafote:

DasHotShot

Honorable
Sounds a bit like a troll to me...You asking this question, to me, puts you in the casual console gamer category. You don't seem to care much about graphics, the games available to you or what you are playing them on. You want to be part of "the group" and so you are looking for the coolest option.

I would strongly recommend you just go for the PS4 and live happily.

Also "editing" on a laptop, per se, is not ideal. Then again, it sounds like you take in game captures, add lense flares and dubstep to it and maybe some doritos/fnatic logos and then upload to youtube, so that's fine too.

nismoguy82

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
Get whichever platform where the majority of the games you want to play will be on, excluding multiplatform. That's throwing another sick into the fire. Or if you think you'll feel like a loner on one or the other and it will bother you, then follow your friends? :spamafote:

Solution

McDuncun

Honorable

Hahahahahahahaha dude!!!!

DasHotShot

Honorable

PC gaming is more of a lifestyle choice I find. For casual gamers, there is nothing wrong with being a casual gamer obviously, consoles are ideal.

Easy learning curve, very straight forward setup and gaming experience. Everything is pointed out and in an easy to understand frame or enviroment.

For someone like this OP who, no offence, sounds relatively clueless about pc gaming it might not be the right step to get into building a pc...there is more to it than deciding one way or the other.

Go for what most of your friends group is doing and make the step to the pc further down the line perhaps.

DasHotShot

Honorable

I know...I didn't want to come off mean...in the words of Walter Sobchak though "Am I wrong?"

McDuncun

Honorable

Hahahahaha no I loved it!! I bet your a lot of things but wrong is not one of them.....

dgameboy66

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Seriously guys I know how to build a pc and know everything about and you dickhead dathotnot stfu if you don't wanna help alright just step off asshat

DasHotShot

Honorable

That's fine, so do I...when it isn't layered over a 360 no scope fedora festival...MOM GET THE CAMERA!

All jokes aside...I suggest OP gets a PS4. I think it is the better option here.

nismoguy82

Reputable
Feb 25, 2014
It's as simple as this: do you want to play with your friends now and then get back to your own thing? Or, do you want to do your own thing now and then catch up to/with your friends later?

McDuncun

Honorable

Hahahaha how do I put a "My Idol" badge next to your name!!!??
But yes dude just calm down and get the PS4, if you have to ask, you really want the console...

DasHotShot

Honorable

+1

McDuncun

Honorable

Nobody inferred to the contrary of your PC building skills, no need to get hostile like that... Maybe if you can`t take some good natured ribbing then you should not be on this forum...

DasHotShot

Honorable

It's ok man. I was a little mean.

Many of my fellow posters will agree though, if you "know everything" about building a pc, one can assume you know everything about consoles, in which case you know the differences exactly which go for and against both platforms, meaning you can weigh up precisely which suits your needs best, resulting in little or no need to post a question like "PS4 or PC" or translated "Toy for insufferable, illiterate children or customisable, advanced hardware"...

Hmmm...I call your bluff and go...all in.

Have you considered the Wii? It is optimal for children and people who don't want to have to read much.

McDuncun

Honorable

Hahahahaha dude you are officially a god among men!!

DasHotShot

Honorable

;)

Now let's scramble before we get in trouble

McDuncun

Honorable

I`m out... ;)