Help me decide!!

Sumair Shariff

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Hey guys....
I've somehow been able to save about $500 and wondering if I should upgrade my gaming PC or to buy a PS4.... I mean can a $500 PC deliver as much as PS4.... Primarily I like PC Gaming.... Occasionally play on a console at my friends house.
I've prepared a list
I5 6500
Asus Z170/H170 Pro Gaming
8GB DDR4 RAM
I think i.ll skip the GPU ( I have a Sapphire R7 260X OC....will upgrade next year or so)..
500WATT EVGA PSU
Can this deliver a performance compared to a PS4....
My PC is 5-6 year old... Currently using a core i3 540

Kindly help me to choose

Solution
Yes, the i3-6100 is a very capable budget gaming CPU. However, the i5-6500 you were originally looking at would also be a good choice, especially if you're looking to eventually upgrade your GPU to something powerful like a GTX 970.

Basically, if you get the i3, you save yourself some money, which could then be put towards a better GPU (which will make a bigger difference in gaming than getting an i5). However, in the long run, you'll probably have to upgrade your CPU sooner than you would if you get an i5 now. It's your call.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Yes, the i3-6100 is a very capable budget gaming CPU. However, the i5-6500 you were originally looking at would also be a good choice, especially if you're looking to eventually upgrade your GPU to something powerful like a GTX 970.

Basically, if you get the i3, you save yourself some money, which could then be put towards a better GPU (which will make a bigger difference in gaming than getting an i5). However, in the long run, you'll probably have to upgrade your CPU sooner than you would if you get an i5 now. It's your call.

Solution