[SOLVED] help me decide

kennzzkie

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
hey guys im planning to buy a cooler for my ryzen 5 2600 and im curious what to buy and im on budget side.
what i was planning is should i get a aio or aircooler

for aio i was planning for Deepcool gammaxx L240

for air cooling, its the deepcool gammaxx gt tga

i live in Philippines and its hot in here
or u guys have any suggestions what cooler to go with.
thanks in advance!

Solution
but here in Philippines it gets really hot and ive been experiencing restarts during gaming and some told me that the restarts are caused because of overheating.
That doesn't add up. Cpus are fine running at temps way hotter than your climate is. 80C/176F is still fine for these chips.
Ryzen 2600 has a thermal limit of 95C: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600
Does your 2600 see over 85C?

For overheat-to-shutdown to occur, the cpu needs to have hit 95C first, after which it drops frequency and voltage in order to cool down. If temperatures fail to decrease - or, should they actually continue to rise, then it shuts the system off.
But for the above to happen, the cpu cooler is either broken or not mounted...

kennzzkie

Prominent
Mar 3, 2020
You don't need an AIO for the 2600, it's only a 65W TDP chip, meaning it doesn't get that hot. A simple air cooler, whether third party or stock, will suffice.
thanks for the reply!
but here in Philippines it gets really hot and ive been experiencing restarts during gaming and some told me that the restarts are caused because of overheating.
i cleaned my pc specially the fans
i changed the thermal paste
and the temps are still high

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
That doesn't add up. Cpus are fine running at temps way hotter than your climate is. 80C/176F is still fine for these chips.
Ryzen 2600 has a thermal limit of 95C: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-5-2600
Does your 2600 see over 85C?

For overheat-to-shutdown to occur, the cpu needs to have hit 95C first, after which it drops frequency and voltage in order to cool down. If temperatures fail to decrease - or, should they actually continue to rise, then it shuts the system off.
But for the above to happen, the cpu cooler is either broken or not mounted correctly. If you haven't observed this happening, then you've got other problems.

Common causes of PC restarts:
-bad, or failing psu
-memory corruption
-Windows driver corruption

"It gets really hot here", but you're running on a cpu which seldom sees over 100w of power usage unless running a stress test or some high overclock across all cores...

A liquid cooler will run just as hot if it isn't mounted properly or has a broken pump.

Last edited:
Solution