Help me! Display driver stopped responding!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashu545

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I recently got my Sapphire 6870 1GB card. I get the error message "Display Driver has stopped responded but recovered". My problem is that I bought Battlefield 3 and I would like to play it.

My graphics card gets this issue on-
11-12
11-11
11-10
11-9
11-8
11-7
Amd Catalyst Drivers

12-1 is apparently "too new" for BF3.

On 11-6 is works fine and dandy but I need at least 11-7 for Battlefield 3. I know it isnt the card itself but I do not know what to do. Should I upgrade to Windows Ultimate and hope that helps? I really dont want to RMA anything because I have no patience.

Please help me.

Solution
Running AMD Catalyst 12.1a preview drivers on my 2x Sapphire 6950's and have had no problems at all with BF3 or any other game for that matter. If this is a reoccurring problem it may be time to RMA. I have not had drivers on AMD card stop responding since Vista. It is common on my Intel/Nvidia rig but not my AMD/ATI.

And what do you mean by "12-1 is apparently "too new" for BF3."?
Running AMD Catalyst 12.1a preview drivers on my 2x Sapphire 6950's and have had no problems at all with BF3 or any other game for that matter. If this is a reoccurring problem it may be time to RMA. I have not had drivers on AMD card stop responding since Vista. It is common on my Intel/Nvidia rig but not my AMD/ATI.

And what do you mean by "12-1 is apparently "too new" for BF3."?

Solution

sashu545

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012

I got an error message that I forgot to read so I thought it said that, but 12.1 is great now. 40 -50 Fps on Ultra. I hope the stays normal for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.