[SOLVED] Help me enjoy playing games on my PC - FPS drops to 0, freezing and going non-responsive

Mar 4, 2021
Hello,

Bought my pre-built PC just over a year ago, two monitors

Specs:
I7-9700k
8gb ddr4
GTX 1660

I play Two games mostly, Rocket League and Path of exile. I run rocket league of HD and Path of exile of External Samsung SSD

Rocket league
- when alt-tabing to view second monitor and switch stream or youtube video the game sometimes goes non responsive or while playing becomes incredibly laggy and I rubber band around. but settles down if I'm in the screen for 5-10seconds and works normally

Path of exile
  • FPS drops to 0
  • non-responsive
-Freezing with sounds audible but visually frozen, usually resulting in death and game comes back to life at log in screen.

My current ideas

- Increase ram
-Clean PC
-Upgrade graphics card
- sell my wifes wedding ring and buy a new PC

I'm not sure what my problem is or if it's many things, but I've included pictures of some information I think might help someone smarter than me with this stuff figure out where my bottle neck might be. please advise with any suggestions or ideas. Thank you.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ciVuQLy

Last edited:
Solution
Hello,

Specs:
I7-9700k
8gb ddr4
GTX 1660

I play Two games mostly, Rocket League and Path of exile. I run rocket league of HD and Path of exile of External Samsung SSD

Rocket league
- when alt-tabing to view second monitor and switch stream or youtube video the game sometimes goes non responsive or while playing becomes incredibly laggy and I rubber band around. but settles down if I'm in the screen for 5-10seconds and works normally

Path of exile
  • FPS drops to 0
  • non-responsive
-Freezing with sounds audible but visually frozen, usually resulting in death and game comes back to life at log in screen.

My current ideas

- Increase...

Alex Storm

Commendable
Mar 2, 2021
Hello,

Specs:
I7-9700k
8gb ddr4
GTX 1660

Rocket league

Path of exile
  • FPS drops to 0
  • non-responsive

My current ideas

- Increase ram
-Clean PC
-Upgrade graphics card
- sell my wifes wedding ring and buy a new PC

I'm not sure what my problem is or if it's many things, but I've included pictures of some information I think might help someone smarter than me with this stuff figure out where my bottle neck might be. please advise with any suggestions or ideas. Thank you.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ciVuQLy
8GB ram is not enough, add up to 16

Reactions: MrSparkalou
Solution