Help me Figure out the Wiring for my EVGA 760?!?!?

Anazro

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
I have a "EVGA 04G-P4-2768-KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support SC 4GB w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card"

And i'm too frighten to turn it on yet, Could some one tell me if i have to occupy both 8 and 6 pin female PCI E connections

Cause on newegg they state here word for word allo you need is one 8 pin PCI E connection

"One 8-pin PCI Express power connector or two available 6-pin PCI Express power connectors and one 6-pin PCI Express power connector or two available hard disk power connectors. "

"One 8-pin PCI Express power connector"
I have two 6 Pin PCI E and its for the GPU it comes with a 2x6 Pin PCI E to 8 Pin Converter
14-130-949-Z12

So I also talked with Tiger Direct im not sure if the guy was correct but he said it would work but at the begining of chat he said it couldnt so now im stuck!!! Someone Help?

You need the 6 pin AND the 8 pin.
Yahoo answers most of the time knows very little about hardware.

You want to use the 6 pin and 8 pin (6+2 in some cases) directly from the PSU. You should avoid the adapters to begin with, if they PSU does not have the connectors needed it probably isnt designed to supply that much wattage and amperage on the 12v rail.
What PSU do you have? It might have to be replaced.

Anazro

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

Good luck. It's a 330W Alienware x51. Now what i've heard is all i need is the 8 pin for the whole graphics card cause i have two 6 pin PCI E but in the graphics card it has a 8 and 6 pin PCI E but a Tiger direct Rep said i only need the 8 pin.

Now, it can and will work this graphics card im using a MSI graphics card that also required a 500W PSU works fine never had problems the EXternal PSU never over heated.

If the build shuts down, or becomes unstable its because the card isnt getting the needed power.
My 760 draws ~230-250w at gaming load, not stress test levels for example.

If you get a card like mine that has adaptive clock speeds once they go high enough it could simply shut down.

Anazro

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014

Is that with overclocking?

Also i thought it had a total power draw of 170W

Do you know if wiring it with just 8 pins is ok?

TRENDING THREADS