May 29, 2017
- MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero
- PSU: Rosewill 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE
- HD: WD WD10EZEX 1TB HDD SATA3 3.5"
- GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
- CPU: Intel I7-4770k
- RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

These are my system specs.

For some reason that I have yet to surmise, some games run extremely poorly. Battlefield 1 and Mass Effect Andromeda are the worst offenders.

Please let me know if you need more info. I'm desperate.

_danielpwils01

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
The only thing I can think of is the ram. 8G of ram should be plenty for both the games you mentioned. Just make sure both sticks are posting and working in the BIOS. I can only think that one of the sticks might be defective.

Markoozy

Prominent
May 29, 2017

According to my hardware monitors, I am using all 8 gigs of RAM.

Another thing I should mention is that my computer has a tendency to spike to 100%disk usage at times.

Markoozy

Prominent
May 29, 2017

I think it'd be better for me to post a video, but until then, I'm running on all the lowest settings.

It's not as much the frames. During small periods of time, it rubs great, then goes back to stuttering. Which is the main issue. This even occurs in the menu screens sometimes.

BF1 is known to benefit from 16Gb RAM, the spike in disk usage could be caching to the drive when there is insufficient RAM. That would significantly impact performance.

When at desktop how much RAM is used? Are some other background programs hogging RAM?