[SOLVED] Help me find my Goldilocks case!

txgowan

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
I'm finally upgrading my PC after piecemealing upgrades over the last six years. I think I'd also like to change cases. Here's why.

I've recently rearranged my house and taken over a new space for a home office. The current PC has to reside on my left. It's an Antec P100 ATX case and if it was on the right, it'd be too tall and block the view of the entertainment setup. However, the only space I have to put the case on the left is a filing cabinet and the case is too long to actually fit. It hangs off the back or the front and wobbles. This is obviously not ideal.

I'm not beholden to any particular form factor. I think I can find a MB to fit whatever case I end up with. What I really need is something that fits my admittedly persnickety requirements:

Fits on the filing cabinet (18" deep, 16" wide)
Either has no window/glass or is inverted (otherwise it'd be facing a wall which defeats the purpose of the window, right?)
I prefer inputs to be on the front or right side. I don't currently have any USB-C devices so that's not super important.
Has room for components I already have:

Corsair H100i PRO AIO
MSI GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB VENTUS OC Video Card
Samsung 850 PRO SSD x 2

I've been looking at cases for a month and I think I'm driving myself a little batty. I can't seem to find my Goldilocks case. Everything seems to either be too big, face the wrong way, run too hot, or cost way too much.

Can anybody help me?

Solution
I've been looking at cases for a month and I think I'm driving myself a little batty. I can't seem to find my Goldilocks case. Everything seems to either be too big, face the wrong way, run too hot, or cost way too much.

Can anybody help me?

Thermaltake Core G3, Cooler Master NR200. For a very small case your 240mm AIO is an issue, most are made for a 120 mm one. Small cases you should expect to have worse cooling.

Can anybody help me?

Thermaltake Core G3, Cooler Master NR200. For a very small case your 240mm AIO is an issue, most are made for a 120 mm one. Small cases you should expect to have worse cooling.

Solution