Question Help me fix my first build pc

Jul 30, 2021
Hi, I am currently building my first pc after assembling the parts with help of you guys.

At first I completed the build and wanted it to power it on but only light was coming from the motherboard, no fans spinning or anything else. Now I’ve tried to put it together outside of the case and still nothing is working.

I have already went trough the troubleshooting post on this forum and did every step but still nothing works.

Did I forget anything or are there some components not working?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Always list your parts list when asking troubleshooting questions.

List anything you've tried so far in your troubleshooting.

Hard to say what is wrong, can't see everything in the pictures.

CPU?
Scythe Kotetsu or the like if I am not mistaken.
ASRock Pro board of some sort, previous recommended lists point towards a B560? But I also see an AMD logo on there...
Palit GTX1050Ti (75W, no PCIe power? If there is a connector, it must be populated)
Dual channel Corsair LPX memory. (With AMD you do have to be a little careful what you pick)
Power Supply?

As always, remove everything you don't need.

I see a cable coming out of the GPU, that is good. If you happen to have onboard graphics, you could also try that.

I see the speaker is plugged in, any beep codes?

Jul 30, 2021
Always list your parts list when asking troubleshooting questions.

List anything you've tried so far in your troubleshooting.

Hard to say what is wrong, can't see everything in the pictures.

CPU?
Scythe Kotetsu or the like if I am not mistaken.
ASRock Pro board of some sort, previous recommended lists point towards a B560? But I also see an AMD logo on there...
Palit GTX1050Ti (75W, no PCIe power? If there is a connector, it must be populated)
Dual channel Corsair LPX memory. (With AMD you do have to be a little careful what you pick)
Power Supply?

As always, remove everything you don't need.

I see a cable coming out of the GPU, that is good. If you happen to have onboard graphics, you could also try that.

I see the speaker is plugged in, any beep codes?

Sorry indeed forgot the part list.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/NTqMsX

CPU: Intel Core i5-11600K 3.9 GHz 6-Core Processor ($283.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock H570M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard ($127.31 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: Corsair MP400 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4 GB StormX Video Card ($382.46 @ Amazon)
Case: Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition ATX Mid Tower Case ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1093.71
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-08-11 15:08 EDT-0400

There is no option for the PCIe cable to go into videocard.
I’ve already looked at the processor and socket. I can’t see any pins that are broken or anything.
I’ve put the speaker in that I got from the case but I never got a single beep from it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Remove a stick of memory from the slot farthest from the CPU, if that doesn't work, swap in the other one. If that doesn't work, basically CPU or Motherboard (Or Power)

Verify that the power supply is providing 3.3V, 5V, and 12V at least. A multimeter will work along with the paperclip test (google it) You can also take a case fan and hook it up directly to 12V and 5V to see if it spins (not a great test, but proves there is voltage there). Or test the PSU in a known working system.

You are indeed using the wrong fan header, should be one labeled CPU_FAN, though that shouldn't prevent the system from starting.

Not having that additional 4-pin connected shouldn't prevent a boot, but it is certainly possible.

Eximo already wrote everything about fan header, I'll just add that the one you need to use is (if my eyes not fail me) in upper right corner of the board.
EPS is correct, I just couldn't see it in first batch of pictures.
Beeper will work only when you get the board to start which is obviously not a case here. Typically in such case it's either faulty PSU or mobo. Do you have another PSU to test?

Jul 30, 2021
Eximo already wrote everything about fan header, I'll just add that the one you need to use is (if my eyes not fail me) in upper right corner of the board.
EPS is correct, I just couldn't see it in first batch of pictures.
Beeper will work only when you get the board to start which is obviously not a case here. Typically in such case it's either faulty PSU or mobo. Do you have another PSU to test?

alright, we have like 4 old pc’s lying around from 5/10 years ago will try that tomorrow, thank you all guys for the help so far!

Jul 30, 2021
alright, we have like 4 old pc’s lying around from 5/10 years ago will try that tomorrow, thank you all guys for the help so far!
It’s been some time since my last post because I was at the verge of giving up and I haven’t spend time on building my pc. But I have now tried a different power supply and all of a sudden my innitial power supply is also working. So that is a good thing.

now when I try to boot my pc I hear 5 beeps, i have already searched on the internet and found something like a faulty cpu can anyone confirm this or is there something else that gives 5 beeps?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
ASRock appears to be five beeps for Process. Not sure if they mean processor, but that would make sense.

"Post Status Checker (PSC) diagnoses the computer when users power on the machine. It emits a red light to indicate whether the CPU, memory, VGA or storage is dysfunctional. The lights go off if the four mentioned above are functioning normally."

You could pick up a Pentium G6400 to test the board, or take it to a shop so they can try a CPU in it. Or start the RMA process and get a replacement 11600K.

Jul 30, 2021
ASRock appears to be five beeps for Process. Not sure if they mean processor, but that would make sense.

"Post Status Checker (PSC) diagnoses the computer when users power on the machine. It emits a red light to indicate whether the CPU, memory, VGA or storage is dysfunctional. The lights go off if the four mentioned above are functioning normally."

You could pick up a Pentium G6400 to test the board, or take it to a shop so they can try a CPU in it. Or start the RMA process and get a replacement 11600K.

that sounds bad, so you are saying that there is a faulty part in my build? There is no other way to solve the 5 beeps?

Jul 30, 2021

Btw there are 4 lights on my mobo, when I try to boot it these stay on: VGA and BOOT and these lights go out: DRAM and CPU don’t know if this information is helpful.