help me fix my pc :)

Jul 29, 2018
hp 8200 1050 2gb screen just stays black , its a new purchase for gaming pc works fine without graphics card I disabled intel graphics and removed all old drivers nothing seems to work help needed.

Solution
I can't advise on replacing the motherboard in a proprietary system. The power supply might not match up with a standard power supply. The new motherboard might not match a proprietary case form factor.

Too many unknowns to say, "Yes, you can do that".

If you REALLY want to start playing games, start looking at a new computer.

-Wolf sends
Jul 29, 2018
it came with the intel hd 2000 its an i5 I have a gt 710 2gb and a 1050 2gb both wont work when installed the screen just stays black, when I went on a tec message thing they said it maybe because the original motherboard doesn't support graphics cards but it has pcie express 16 slot?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Sorry. I should have clarified my question to ask if it came with a discrete graphics card installed into the PCI-Ex16 slot. It sounds like your system just isn't recognizing your graphics card.

What operating system version are you running?
Do you know how to get into BIOS on your system?

-Wolf sends

Jul 29, 2018
im running windows ten :), no there wasn't a discrete card I belive this was an old business computer and all the bits and bobs would have been removed. I have been watching a video on youtube suggesting disabling secure boot is that wise for a graphics card?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not sure what secure boot has to do with a graphics card, but whatever. I asked about getting into BIOS? Are you able to determine what version BIOS you're running?

I noticed one of the updates resolve an issue with enabling discrete add-on cards.

Note: I AM NOT RECOMMENDING YOU DO THIS YET!

For Reference

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Go into BIOS and see if you can find a setting for discrete devices and see if it's enabled/disabled. If disabled, enable it and try booting with the card again.

Version: 02.29 Rev.A

Fixed in this release: - Fixed BiosConfigUtility in setting Legacy and UEFI Boot Sources.
- Fixed BiosConfigUtility Enable/Disable of discrete devices, which were being re-enabled on next boot. - Implemented Roll Back prevention.
- Added improved Security Updates.

Wolfshadw

Titan

No.

I really don't have any other ideas. The BIOS update *MIGHT* allow you to use a discrete graphics card. It might also brick your system. I see lots of threads about people asking to add a graphics card to an HP 8200 Elite CMT, but never a response which actually says it worked.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
I can't advise on replacing the motherboard in a proprietary system. The power supply might not match up with a standard power supply. The new motherboard might not match a proprietary case form factor.

Too many unknowns to say, "Yes, you can do that".

If you REALLY want to start playing games, start looking at a new computer.

-Wolf sends

Solution

TRENDING THREADS