Help me fix

Jorgestorey

Reputable
May 11, 2015
Ok I'm running this rig ASus m5a97 r 2.0 blah blah blah with evga GeForce gtx 650 ti.
So 2 questions

1) it has 2 slots for video cards one on top labeled pciex16_1 pciex16_2 I'm not sure if it matters what one it goes into it didn't work in 1 so I'm running it in 2 which might actually solve question 2 it's under warranty so no biggie I'll get another but I've been running it in 2 for 4 months now no probs

Question 2
2) I tried running 2 cards same kinda with sli strip but it went to a screen with no picture so I figured slot 1 was broken like I had thought in the first place so I swap out 2nd 1 to run only the one card and now all it does is give me safe mode or go to black screen after the windows loading screen tried switching cards with same problem deleted drivers for card and restarted in safe and it dl the drivers and said successful but no luck on it still tinkering so let me know

Jorgestorey

Reputable
May 11, 2015
ohh you may have been right about it not being sli it need crossfirex or something... but port 1 is still broken so 1 point all... would that be recommended to improve preformance?

TRENDING THREADS